Genesis 12:3 tells us: “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”
Remember how God said that those who harm Israel He will curse? Is there any way to track that? Historically, every nation that has ever risen against Israel has gone on to devastation: Philistia, Amalek, Moab, Syria, Assyria, Egypt, Babylon, Persia, Rome, Germany to speak of some. But in the present, is there any way to track this?
Recently a lawyer friend of mine sent me his study of natural disasters just in the USA and against that list he noted Israel. The results are ominous! Have you ever compared the weather here and the situation in God’s Land?
However, I’ll bet you didn’t hear them connected on the six o’clock news or read about them in the newspaper. And there’s a reason for that. Over the past fifty years or so we have been taught as a culture to ignore the supernatural and to even scoff at it when it presents itself. And therein lies the problem. “Thinking ourselves wise, we have become foolish.”
God deliver us from our foolish failure to discern His hand in the events of our times.
So with an unbreakable promise God gave to Abraham a people, a blessing, and a land! Tonight remember this incredible summary of all specifics God has revealed about His Chosen People of Destiny, the Jews? Here they are again.
1. GOD PICKED HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE OF DESTINY AS THE JEWS, DESCENDANTS OF ABRAHAM, CALLED ISRAEL.
2. GOD PRESENTED A LAND TO HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE OF DESTINY THE JEWS WITH CLEARLY DEFINED BOUNDARIES.
3. GOD PROCEEDED TO BRING HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE OF DESTINY TO THE PROMISED LAND.
4. GOD PRONOUNCED A CURSE UPON HIS UNFAITHFUL BUT CHOSEN PEOPLE OF DESTINY AS THEY WANDERED THE WORLD WITHOUT THEIR PROMISED LAND. God promised the children of Israel great blessing in the land of promise if they would remain faithful to Him. He also predicted great suffering, persecution and worldwide dispersion when they forsook Him. These prophecies came to pass. God warned that wherever they wandered the Jews would be “an astonishment, a proverb, a byword…a curse and a reproach”
5. GOD PRESERVED HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE OF DESTINY FROM ANNIHILATION. God declared that in spite of such persecution and the periodic wholesale slaughter of Jews, He would not let His chosen people be destroyed, but would preserve them as an identifiable ethnic, national group.
6. GOD PROMISED TO REGATHER HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE OF DESTINY BACK TO THE PROMISED LAND. The Bible declares that God determined to keep His chosen people separated to Himself because He would bring them back into their land in the last days prior to the Messiah’s second coming.
7. GOD PROPHESIED HE WOULD MAKE HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE OF DESTINY A SOURCE OF FEAR FOR THE WHOLE WORLD WHEN THEY GET BACK TO THE PROMISED LAND IN UNBELIEF God declared that in the last days before the Messiah’s second coming, Jerusalem would become “a cup of trembling…a burdensome stone for all people” At the time Zechariah uttered this prophecy 2500 years ago, Jerusalem lay in ruins and was surrounded by wilderness. And so it remained century after century. Zechariah’s prophecy seemed to be utter madness even after Israel’s rebirth in 1948. Yet today, exactly as foretold, a world of nearly 8 billion people has its eyes upon Jerusalem, fearful that the next world war, if it breaks out, will be fought over that tiny city. What an incredible fulfillment of prophecy! Even more impossible than the fact that a people could retain its identity without a homeland for two thousand years is the fact that they should then return and establish their ancient nation once again. Yet this is exactly what the Bible had predicted. What an incredible fulfillment of prophecy!