There is no heart God can’t change. There is no life, no past, no sin, no stain, no failure, and no habit that God can’t change if you will let Him. Are you letting the Lord change you? Are you responding? Is Jesus Christ controlling you more each day?
The Power of Christ’s Regenerating Work
Twenty-six hundred years ago God explained regeneration in Ezekiel. Turn there with me and see what He says in Ezekiel 36:26-27:
I WILL give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you (that is when God gives us the good heart of Christ’s parables in Mark 4:8, 20);
I WILL take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh (that is when God removes the hard, crowded, and shallow hearts);
I WILL put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes (that is when God gives us the power of His Spirit so we can do what God expects);
and YOU WILL keep My judgments and do them (that is when we act on our responsibility to respond in the fruitfulness that God expects from us).
Baptism is an outward declaration of what God has done supernaturally within us. Just before we meet these five wonderful brothers and sisters, please remind yourself with me of all that God has done in us as we were saved.
- John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name”.
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am a Child of God. Say that aloud with me
- Romans 8:2, 9 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am a Free From All SLAVERY. Say that aloud with me
- 1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?”
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am a Temple of God. Say that aloud with me
- 1 Corinthians 12:27 “Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.”
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am a member of Christ’s Body. Say that aloud with me
- Ephesians 2:1, 10 “And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them”.
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am a Divine Masterpiece. Say that aloud with me
You have heard of a piece of art being an original “masterpiece” or actually painted or made by a master like Michelangelo or Da Vinci. Well-we who believe are God’s Word masterpieces; we are even signed by the Author Himself!
- Colossians 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love”.
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am a Citizens of Heaven. Say that aloud with me
- Colossians 2:10 “…and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power”.
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am complete in Christ. Say that aloud with me
- Titus 3:5 “…not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit.”
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am washed, given a fresh start, and new beginning. Say that aloud with me
- 1 John 5:18 “We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him”.
Because Jesus regenerated me-I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me. Say that aloud with me