How They Worship Jesus in Heaven
These are the first targets of the glorified saints’ worship in Heaven.
1. They Worship Jesus as the Owner of the Universe: “You are worthy to take the scroll. Jesus Christ the Lamb is the only rightful Heir of all things. Only He can take the scroll. Jesus who is God the Son, Creator of all things, has the Name that is above all Names; and at the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow.
2. They Worship Jesus as the Judge of All: And to open its seals. Jesus Christ is the Judge of all and thus has the right to open the seals which release the wrath of God. The Father has given all judgment into the hands of the Son. Someday all the nations will hide from His Face as He comes to right all wrongs.
3. They Worship Jesus as the Lamb that was Slain for the world: For You were slain. Jesus is the Lamb that was slain for the sin of the world. Jesus is the Lamb of God, the once for all time sacrifice offered on the altar of the cross, to become the eternal payment for sin.
4. They Worship Jesus as the Redeemer: And have redeemed us to God by Your blood. Jesus is the One who alone could redeem us, and did so with His very own blood. Jesus who was holy, harmless, and undefiled became sin. He who knew no sin was made sin so that He could purchase us. In Him, we have redemption through His blood, even the complete forgiveness of all sins.
5. They Worship Jesus as the Savior: Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation. Jesus said He came to seek and to save the lost. His Great Commission plan has succeeded, we see and hear those from every branch of humanity are around the Throne, safe in heaven. Jesus was moved with compassion. He called out to all those who were weary of their sins, and heavy laden with their frustrations: and promised them rest.
6. They Worship Jesus as the Great High Priest: v. 10 And have made us kings and priests to our God. Christ’s redemption brings us into the kingdom of God where we can come into His presence as His priests. Jesus is the new and living way. He has opened God’s presence to us. We are now able to come to Him bringing Him gifts of worship and adoration.
7. They Worship Jesus as the King of Kings: And we shall reign on the earth. Christ’s promise that we as His joint-heirs reign with Him is accomplished. The weak of this world are strong in their King. The poor of this world are rich in their King. The promised rule over a world and a universe that are His is given to us who are joint heir with Jesus.
There is even more that this first song opens for us. The introduction to the very first song we ever hear the words for in Heaven comes after the introduction of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ as the Lamb before the Throne, and:
The Setting for the Song is First:
The Throne of God
Look at Revelation 4:5 And from the throne proceeded lightning, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.