- There is only ONE GOD
- There is only ONE WAY TO GOD
- There is only ONE ABODE OF GOD
- There is only ONE CREATOR
- There is only ONE CREATION
There is only ONE RECORD OF THAT CREATION
So these ten words tell us GOD initiated this Cosmos by His own will.
- These ten words tell us the Universe had a start and God existed forever before that beginning.
- These ten words tell us our Creator designed this world and the universe around it leaving His fingerprints everywhere!
- These ten words are the only gateway to the True God, the True Creator and the Only Redeemer.
- These ten words are the Foundation of our ORIGIN, PURPOSE and DESTINY!
- These ten words are the only proper way to understand Geology, Anthropology, History, Philosophy and so on.
These ten words are the only authoritative guide to the origin and purpose of male, female, marriage, family, government; and they alone record the start of sin, evil, cultures, language, Israel and all.
Think with me what these ten words say:
- There is ONE GOD: The Creator of Heaven and Earth
- There is ONE REVELATION: God’s Word the Bible
- There is ONE PROGRAM: God’s Kingdom
- There is ONE purpose: God’s Glory
There is ONE book you can trust: His record in the Word
So what would these ten most important words say? They are so vital to all parts of our life, so crucial to the destiny of our souls. In order that we never miss them, God put them in the front of your Bibles. These are the first words Jesus and the Apostles read at their mother’s knees. For all Jewish children were taught to read starting with the Torah, the first five books of Moses. Why don’t we read them together ! Please read with me and affirm these ten most important words in the BIBLE:
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (NKJV)
- Within those words we find all that there is. God, the Universe, the end and now. Everything is encompassed in those words. And from them flow all of guidelines God has given for us to meet, know and please Him. In other words, no book of the Scriptures matters more because EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE RESTS ON THIIS ONE!
- If the God of Genesis 1 is unreliable, so is the One in the Psalms, the Gospel of John and Revelation. He is the same One in Romans and Philippians too. Either you utterly trust the God you meet in Genesis One or you have nothing else. He is the same, He does not change.
Have you ever really stopped to think that these ten words are the only secure foundation for the doctrines that follow?
- TRUSTWORTHINESS OF CHRIST Mark 10:6 “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ (NKJV)
- FINAL JUDGEMENT Acts 17:24, 31 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 31 “because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” (NKJV)
- SALVATION Romans 5:12-15 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned — 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift [is] not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. (NKJV)
- THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE Colossians 1:15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (NKJV)
- INSPIRATION Hebrews 1:1-2 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; (NKJV)
- DEITY OF CHRIST Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, (NKJV) John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (NKJV)
These ten words smash the errors of philosophy:
- ATHEISM is an error because in the beginning GOD . . .
- POLYTHEISM is an error because it is GOD not gods . . .
- PANTHEISM is an error because GOD is existing prior to and independent of all matter . . .
- MATERIALISM is an error because GOD makes the matter and is not composed of it…
- FATALISM is an error because here as in all places in the Scriptures GOD acts independently and by His own Sovereign Will and Power…
One Bible teacher has condensed his views of these ten words into this paragraph:
To understand the Bible, it is essential to grasp the sweep of that history from creation to consummation. The one constant theme unfolding throughout the whole Bible is this: God for His own glory has chosen to create and gather to Himself a group of people to be the subjects of His eternal kingdom, to praise, honor, and serve Him forever and through whom He will display His wisdom, power, mercy, grace, and glory. To gather His chosen ones, God must redeem them from sin. The Bible reveals God’s plan for this redemption from its inception in eternity past to its completion in eternity future. Covenants, promises, and epochs are all secondary to the one continuous plan of redemption.
Now, look at the book you hold in your hands:
- Not one word has ever been proven wrong.,
- Not one fact has ever needed updating,
- Not one scientific statement ever needing correction,
- Not one old hypothesis or theory needing adjustment due to new findings, because it has no theories or educated guesses,
- Just truth, absolutely true facts.
- Truth you can stake your life and eternity upon.
- Changeless and enduring truth that will last forever.
- And all inerrantly transmitted from the presence of God to us via Inspiration.
- In essence, when we come to Scripture we find absolute scientific accuracy.
TRUST YOUR CREATOR
- Hebrews 1:10 And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. (NKJV)
- Hebrews 11:3-6 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things, which are seen were not made of things which are visible. 6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him,] for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV)
God made all of the Universe:
- Nehemiah 9:6 You alone [are] the LORD; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You. (NKJV)
- Job 12:7-9 “But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you; and the birds of the air, and they will tell you; 8 Or speak to the earth, and it will teach you; And the fish of the sea will explain to you. 9 Who among all these does not know That the hand of the LORD has done this, (NKJV)
- Psalm 19:1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. (NKJV)
- Psalm 90:1-2 A Prayer of Moses the man of God. LORD, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. 2 Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You [are] God. (NKJV) only God is eternal
- Psalm 100:3 Know that the LORD, He [is] God; [It is] He [who] has made us, and not we ourselves; [We are] His people and the sheep of His pasture. (NKJV)
- Psalm 104:1-35 Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty, 2 Who covers [Yourself] with light as [with] a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain. 3 He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters, Who makes the clouds His chariot, Who walks on the wings of the wind, 4 Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire. 5 [You who] laid the foundations of the earth, so [that] it should not be moved forever, 24 O LORD, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions — 31 May the glory of the LORD endure forever; May the LORD rejoice in His works. 32 He looks on the earth, and it trembles; He touches the hills, and they smoke. 33 I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 34 May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the LORD. 35 May sinners be consumed from the earth, and the wicked be no more. Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD! (NKJV)
- Psalm 121:2 My help [comes] from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. (NKJV)
- Psalm 124:8 Our help [is] in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. (NKJV)
- Psalm 134:3 The LORD who made heaven and earth Bless you from Zion! (NKJV)
- Psalm 135:5-7 For I know that the LORD [is] great, And our Lord [is] above all gods. 6 Whatever the LORD pleases He does, in heaven and in earth, In the seas and in all deep places. 7 He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries. (NKJV)
- Psalm 136:3-9 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy [endures] forever: 4 To Him who alone does great wonders, For His mercy [endures] forever; 5 To Him who by wisdom made the heavens, For His mercy [endures] forever; 6 To Him who laid out the earth above the waters, For His mercy [endures] forever; 7 To Him who made great lights, For His mercy [endures] forever — 8 The sun to rule by day, For His mercy [endures] forever; 9 The moon and stars to rule by night, For His mercy [endures] forever. (NKJV) note the psalmist accepted the literal words of gen 1!
- Psalm 147:4-18 He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. 5 Great [is] our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding [is] infinite. 8 Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains. 9 He gives to the beast its food, [And] to the young ravens that cry. 16 He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes; 17 He casts out His hail like morsels; Who can stand before His cold? 18 He sends out His word and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, [and] the waters flow. (NKJV)
- Psalm 148:1-6 Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights! 2 Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts! 3 Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light! 4 Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, and you waters above the heavens! 5 Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created. 6 He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree, which shall not pass away. (NKJV)
- Isaiah 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I [am] the LORD, who makes all [things,] Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself; (NKJV)
- Jeremiah 32:17 ‘Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. (NKJV)
- Acts 14:15 and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them, (NKJV)
- Hebrews 1:10 And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. (NKJV)
- Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things, which are seen were not made of things which are visible. (NKJV)
- Psalm 33:6-9 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. 7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses. 8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. 9 For he spake, and it was [done]; he commanded, and it stood fast. (KJV) instantaneous fiat creation no long process
- Psalm 95:3-7 For the LORD [is] the great God, And the great King above all gods. 4 In His hand [are] the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills [are] His also. 5 The sea [is] His, for He made it; And His hands formed the dry [land.] 6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker. 7 For He [is] our God, And we [are] the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice: (NKJV)
- Psalm 96:4-5 For the LORD [is] great and greatly to be praised; He [is] to be feared above all gods. 5 For all the gods of the peoples [are] idols, But the LORD made the heavens. (NKJV)
- Psalm 113:4-6 The LORD [is] high above all nations, His glory above the heavens. 5 Who [is] like the LORD our God, Who dwells on high, 6 Who humbles Himself to behold [The things that are] in the heavens and in the earth? (NKJV)
- Psalm 115:15-16 [May] you [be] blessed by the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. 16 The heaven, [even] the heavens, [are] the LORD’s; But the earth He has given to the children of men. (NKJV)
- Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.” (NKJV) Revelation 14:7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” (NKJV) = We must respond to our CREATOR
- Revelation 14:7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” (NKJV)
IF YOU MET JESUS, YOUR CREATOR, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- When demons faced Him they were terrified. Mark 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, what have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. (KJV)
- When a tree faced Him it wilted. Mark 11:20-21 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away. (KJV)
- When diseases met Him they fled. Luke 4:39 And he stood over her, and rebuked the fever; and it left her: and immediately she arose and ministered unto them. (KJV)
- When the winds and waves of a fierce storm faced Him they fell silent. Luke 8:24 And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm. (KJV)
- when the disciples met they bowed in worship!
- Moses face to the ground
- Job repented
- Isaiah bowed
- Disciples in the boat
- John on Patmos
What you believe about Genesis will determine your life, family and ministry. Why? If our children are not taught truth they can hold onto they will drift from the faith and shipwreck. Rom. 1.18
- So guard their schooling
- Shield their exposure to error and false teaching.
- Promote much exposure to the truth daily.
- Lead them by example to the Fellowship of Christ’s Body – bring them to church!
If a saintly hourly worker is of more value than a pagan doctor, lawyer, sports star, politician or business person – then guard and teach the truth. Matthew 16:26 “For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? (NKJV)
Their numbers are beyond estimation or calculation. Yet –
God made them Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [he made] the stars also. (KJV) TRUST HIS POWER!
God names them Psalm 147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by [their] names. (KJV). TRUST HIS PLAN!
God sustains them Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (KJV) TRUST HIS CARE!
And His Word has always said so! TRUST HIS WORD!
Trust your Creator Revelation 14:7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”
Worship your Creator Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created.”
Seek your Creator Hebrews 11:3-6 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.