What did John see? Pencil these in your mind, mark them in your Bibles. He saw Jesus and tells us of it.
1. Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Humanity v. 13a “like a Son of Man”. So He can truly have compassion upon us.
2. Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Priesthood v. 13b-14b “robe, sash, white hair”. So He can truly forgive us.
3. Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Omniscience v. 14c “eyes like a flame of fire”. So He can truly see us where we are.
4. Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Omnipotence v. 15a “feet like fine brass”. So He can truly protect us.
5. Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Omnipresence v. 15b “voice like the sound of many waters”. So He can truly encourage us.
6. Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Majesty v. 16b-17a “face like the Sun shining in its strength”. So He can truly be worshipped by us.
7. Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Touch v. 16a; 17b-20 “hand upon me”. So He can truly help us.
1. We need to see Christ’s Risen and Glorified: Humanity v. 13a “like a Son of Man”. So He can truly have compassion upon us. Every time compassion is used in the New Testament it speaks of Jesus! (12x).
First of all, what did Jesus do on earth? He had compassion upon us weak and wandering humans.
Mark 6:34 And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd. So He began to teach them many things.
Matthew 20:34 So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.
So what does He do now? He has compassion upon us in all our needs!
Hebrews 2:18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.
Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
HE IS VISITING US IN HIS CHURCH 1:13 “…and in the midst of the seven lampstands…[One] like the Son of Man”.
Do you know that this church is His? More than you going around and seeing your friends to see how they are doing—Jesus is visiting around, He is checking our hearts to see if we came to church cleaned up and prepared to seek Him. He comes to see if we came spiritually cold or if we came with our “first love” for Him.
• Anyone felt they could come to Him, He was approachable: the woman with blood, leper, dad with dying daughter, sick servant.
• Are you weak? He understands.
• Are you afraid? He is acquainted with all we face.
• Are you alone? He faced the long loneliness of the Garden of Gethsemane, the Wilderness temptation, and the hours of darkness on the Cross—He knows what it is like to be alone.
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
For more of Dr. John Barnett’s Bible teaching messages go to: https://discoverthebook.org/