050306PM WN-05 25 Trends
Twenty Five Trends that are
Present When Christ Returns—
that are present NOW!
What does the world look like when Jesus come back? We can know if we read His messages about His Second Coming. And if we read carefully we see a very clear picture He describes.
Most of what Jesus described were events and elements that have always been some where on earth occurring—but He tells us that when these events and elements begin to go global, watch for Him.
So what do we see at the end? Here is another look at the enxt few elements of the world when Jesus Returns. I like to call them 25 trends that are present when Christ returns.
What are some of them? We will actually in the days ahead look at these in detail, but here they are in summary. We have already seen from the Scriptures the first ten.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Travel. Daniel was overwhelmed when he caught a glimpse of the number and speed at which people were moving about the planet. Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” The Bible says that there would be many involved in travel, and today the transportation industry is one of the largest segments of the global economy. Prior to the industrial revolution, few individuals traveled beyond their community. Until recently, horse, foot, and boat were the only modes of transportation. Yet, in our day millions travel to and fro great distances every year.
- When Christ Returns there is– a Global Explosion of Knowledge. Knowledge would increase. This month saw the introduction of a new generation of computer chip. Each generation has basically doubled the processing speed and power. The newest chip called the “Cell” doesn’t double—it multiplies everything that the computer does by sixty times. Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase (Isaiah 11:9). Specifically, this is referring to an understanding of Bible prophecy, but also an increase in scientific knowledge is implied.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Telecommunication and Television. God’s Word explicitly declares that mankind will be able to see and hear globally. When the world fastest know means of travel was the speed of a horse—God says the whole world will see an event and all at the same time, celebrate that event! Truly global communication was foreseen. Revelation 11:9-10 Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves. 10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth. Revelation 17:8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. The Bible predicts that the entire world will “see” certain events unfold. The invention of the television and the deployment of global satellite networks during the 20th century allow news to travel the world at the speed of light for the first time ever. Remember that in the Apostle John’s day, news traveled at the speed of horseback.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Tracking and Positioning. There would be technology capable of tracking the world’s population and commerce. Revelation 13:16-17 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Visit: Technology Club-Goers in Spain Get Implanted Chips for ID, Payment Purposes (April 14, 2004) Being recognized has never been easier for VIP patrons of the Baja Beach Club in Barcelona, Spain. Like a scene out of a science-fiction movie, all it takes is a syringe-injected microchip implant for the beautiful men and women of the nightclub scene to breeze past a “reader” that recognizes their identity, credit balance and even automatically opens doors to exclusive areas of the club for them. They can buy drinks and food with a wave of their hand and don’t need to worry about losing a credit card or wallet. “By simply passing by our reader, the Baja Beach Club will know who you are and what your credit balance is,” Conrad K. Chase explains. Chase is director of the Baja Beach Club in Barcelona. “From the moment of their implantation they will also have free entry and access to the VIP area,” he said.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Weather gone wild. Jesus foresaw the time when weather would be so bad that not just a few, but the whole world would be troubled, fearful, and killed by the fear of chaotic weather that would become prevalent. Luke 21:25-26 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Jesus foresaw those seas and the waves roaring in the last days, and compared these trends to birth pangs. Matthew 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. The Greek word odin, often translated as sorrows in Matthew 24:8, literally means birth pangs. Paul explains to us that all of creation is under the curse of sin. Romans 8:21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. While creation awaits the coming of the Liberator Himself, Christ the Lord—just as when delivery draws near, birth pangs always increase in both intensity and frequency–so the universe itself will travail as the time of delivery draws near. Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Of course chaotic weather has always existed, but there are indications that we are witnessing an increase in strange weather.
1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.
Matthew 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
- When Christ Returns there are– Many Groups of False Christianity. Religious cults would mushroom (2 Peter 2:1). Matthew 24:5, 11 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. Numerous cults have emerged in these last days. Visit: Apologetics Index * Mormonism (carm) * Jehovah’s Witnesses (carm) * A Cult is a Cult (the berean call) * Buddhist Prayer Wheel to Top New WTC? (world net daily)
- When Christ Returns there are– Many would call themselves the Christ. Matthew 24:5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. Jesus was an itinerate preacher who never traveled outside the tiny nation of Israel and He had the audacity to say that many would come in His name, claiming to be the Christ. And yet today, multitudes within the New Age Movement, Eastern religions, and the cults call themselves the Christ.
Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
- When Christ Returns there is– Warfare around the Globe–Increasing. Many wars would erupt. Matthew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. According to Project Ploughshares, there are about 40 armed conflicts in the world today. Visit: Wars & Rumors of Wars (harpazo network) Mark 13:7-8 But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet. 8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines and troubles. These are the beginnings of sorrows.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Weaponry Addiction A global arms race would occur. Joel 3:9-14 Proclaim this among the nations: “Prepare for war! Wake up the mighty men, Let all the men of war draw near, Let them come up. 10 Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’ ” 11 Assemble and come, all you nations, And gather together all around. Cause Your mighty ones to go down there, O Lord. 12 “Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; For there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations. 13 Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, go down; For the winepress is full, The vats overflow— For their wickedness is great.” 14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. Revelation 16:14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Never in history have so many nations stockpiled armaments. Visit: Global Arms Race (harpazo network)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Famines. Despite technological advancements, famines would be common. Matthew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. (Luke 21:11; Revelation 6:5-8). Visit: Famines * Food Crisis Hits Mozambique as Drought Continues (reuters) * Food Runs Out for 6 Million North Koreans (independent) * World Hunger Situation Worsening (cnn) * Egypt Fears Bread Shortage (menl)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Pestilences. Despite an increase in scientific knowledge, deadly diseases (which the Bible calls “pestilences”) would be prevalent. Matthew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. Emerging diseases such as AIDS, Ebola, Hanta virus, Dengue, West Nile, SARS, etc., underscore this fact. Ironically, just a few decades ago, some scientists were forecasting that advances in medicine might soon eradicate deadly diseases.
- When Christ Returns there is– a Global Awareness of Quakes. Up to the 20th century, news of an earthquake would takes days, weeks, months, and years to be spread around. And usually the exposure was minimal. Today in most of the world the daily news features any significant quake. Earthquakes occurring in diverse places predicted. Matthew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. Visit: EarthQuakes
Matthew 24:8-9 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.
- The Rise of a Global Hatred of the Nation of Israel and the Jewish People. Who would think that there would even be a Jew left. No nation has been hunted more, persecuted more, exiled more, hunted down and exterminated—like the Jews. But still they remain the focus of an undying hatred by huge parts of the global community. The rise of anti-Semitism worldwide anticipated by Hebrew prophets almost 3,000 years ago. Matthew 24:9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. Joel 3:2 I will also gather all nations, And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; And I will enter into judgment with them there On account of My people, My heritage Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; They have also divided up My land. Zechariah 12:2-3 “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. 3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. In the 1940s, Hitler tried to exterminate every Jew. And in the final 3 ½ years of the Tribulation, Antichrist will turn on the Jews and attempt the same. Visit: Anti-Semitism
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Hatred of True Biblical Christianity. Jesus said Christians would be hated for His name’s sake. Matthew 24:9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. Luke 21:17 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. Revelation 6:9-11 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed. Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The banning of the Bible, prayer, the Ten Commandments, nativity scenes, Christmas songs, etc., reflects this trend. Also consider that more Christians were martyed during the past century than during any other period in history. Visit: Persecution (harpazo network)
Matthew 24:10-11 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
- When Christ Returns there is– False Bible teachers that are money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith. Matthew 24:11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. For links: False Prophets 2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
Matthew 24:12-13 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
- When Christ Returns there is—lawlessness that discharges the spiritual zeal of Christ’s church. Many would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code: blaspheming, committing adultery, disobeying parents, stealing, lying, coveting, etc. Matthew 24:12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. Revelation 9:21). Visit: NEW! The Good Test (See How You Measure Up!) (eternal productions) * Ten Commandments Judge Removed (cnn) * Ten Commandments Monument Moved (cnn)
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Evangelism. Never before our generation was it possible to even know how many people are on this planet. Never was it possible to see the entire planet, let alone reach it all. Today we can send an email anywhere, bounce a radio or television wave anywhere, travel anywhere and most of all—get the Gospel anywhere on this planet. My little website alone has visitors from over 100 different nations on earth. The Christian gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations. Remember what Jesus said? Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Mark 13:10 And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. Today, portions or the entire Bible have been translated into over 2,300 languages and dialects covering over 90% of the world’s population.
Matthew 24:15-21 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
- When Christ Returns there is– the Return of the Wandering Jews to the Promised Land. God promised over 26 centuries ago that at the end of the world–Jews would begin to regather in Israel. Open with me to Matthew 24 and notice the “orientation” of this text. Matthew 24:15-16 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Before we look at all the promises that god would regather His Jewish people back to His Land—notice that Jesus spoke of them at the end as—already there and with a Temple! Jeremiah 31:7-10 For thus says the Lord: “Sing with gladness for Jacob, And shout among the chief of the nations; Proclaim, give praise, and say, ‘O Lord, save Your people, The remnant of Israel!’ 8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country, And gather them from the ends of the earth, Among them the blind and the lame, The woman with child And the one who labors with child, together; A great throng shall return there. 9 They shall come with weeping, And with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, In a straight way in which they shall not stumble; For I am a Father to Israel, And Ephraim is My firstborn. 10 “Hear the word of the Lord, O nations, And declare it in the isles afar off, and say, ‘He who scattered Israel will gather him, And keep him as a shepherd does his flock.’ Ezekiel 37:21-22 “Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again. Ezekiel 38:8 After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. Since 1948 the world has witnessed the call of God deep within the hearts of 5.4 million Jews who have done everything they could to get to the Promised Land. And more arrive each day!
- When Christ Returns there is– Israel Building a Security Wall. God told Ezekiel 150 years after “Israel” had been captured, its cities destroyed, and the population exiled to Assyria by Sargon, that Israel would build walls for security—there had been no “Israel” for 150 years! And, there was no place called Israel for 2,520 years after the Assyrian conquest—until 1948. Listen to what Ezekiel was told to say. There would be a people gathered from across the world to Israel (38:12). They would be called Israel (38:18). But here is the amazing verse (38:11) they would dwell in a land where the walls have been taken down. This has always been spoken of as an illusion to defensive preparations—until 3 years ago. Israel has been building now for three years the most notorious wall in the world, trying to slow the flow of suicide bombers. And that wall will be built, because Ezekiel saw it taken down when Israel accepts the European Peace Treaty (through the Antichrist’s rule) and trusts in a false peace as foretold.
- The Jews would regain control of biblical Jerusalem enough to be able to build a Third Temple. (Zechariah 12:6; Luke 21:24). This happened in 1967! Matthew 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), Visit: * The Divine Zionist Roadmap (arutz 7) Zechariah 12:6 In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile, and like a fiery torch in the sheaves; they shall devour all the surrounding peoples on the right hand and on the left, but Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place—Jerusalem. Luke 21:24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
- When Christ Returns there is– the Third Temple built in Jerusalem. What did Jesus, Daniel, Paul, and the Apostle John all have in common? Each of them saw a future Temple of God standing in Jerusalem at the end of earth’s days. Plans to rebuild the temple in Israel anticipated in many Scriptures. Matthew 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Revelation 11:1-2 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. In late 2004 the rise of a Jewish Sanhedrin after 2,000 years of absence has sent tingles up and down the backs of those who know God’s Word. Preparations by the Temple Institute are nearly complete. Visit: The Temple Institute * Temple Mount Faithful (tmf) * Priests to Train on Temple Model (israel today) * Group Wants to Lay Temple Cornerstone (ha’aretz) * Ephod Garment for the Uniform of High Priest Completed (temple institute) * Government of Israel Reopens the Temple Mount to Non-Moslems (tmf)
- When Christ Returns there are–temple sacrifices reinstituted in Israel. Daniel 9:27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate.” Daniel 12:11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. Daniel foresaw the Antichrist ending the daily sacrifices. Therefore, the Jewish sacrificial system must have first been restored in the last days. Currently, the Temple Institute has created all the temple furniture and vessels. There are also several hundred young Jewish men in training for the Levitical priesthood. Visit: Time for a Temple? – Jewish Plans to Rebuild the Temple * Temple Mount Faithful Movement Sends Letter to Pope Demanding Immediate Return of the Temple Menorah, Vessels and Treasure for Soon-to-be-Rebuilt Temple (tmf) * Israel Seeks Return of Temple Artifacts
- When Christ Returns there is– a Global Focus upon Jerusalem. When the Old Testament prophets wrote the words describing the eyes of the world fearfully fastened upon Jerusalem—most of the city was in ruins, most of the people were already in captivity, and Jerusalem was literally a “God forsaken” pile of rocks. Yet the answer to the question of who would be in possession of Jerusalem is at the center of international turmoil. Zechariah 12:3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. Almost daily the world news reports on the conflict over Jerusalem. Visit: Prognosis for Jerusalem? (koinonia house) * The Abomination of Desolation (the omega letter) * Tens of Thousands at Jerusalem’s Western Wall (ha’aretz) * Man With Lamb Evicted from Western Wall (jerusalem post) * Dome of the Rock Mosque Damaged in Quake (arutz 7) * Encircling of Jerusalem Complicates Prospects for Peace (washington post) * The Incalculable Cost of Palestine – Revisited (jnewswire) * Dividing Jerusalem Will Cost Bush Votes Says Pat Robertson (bridgesforpeace) * Christian Leader Expelled from Temple Mount for Praying (jnewswire) * Damage on Temple Mount Could Bring Deadly Results (forward) * Israeli Colonel Tries to Keep Jerusalem’s Temple Mount from Exploding (time) * Structural Collapse On Temple Mount! (world net daily) * Muslim Writer: Jerusalem Not Sacred (world net daily) * Jerusalem Touted As World’s Capital (world net daily) * Temple Mount Reopens to Non-Muslim Visitors (world net daily)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Complete Encirclement of Israel by Mortal Enemies. In the last days, Israel would be surrounded by enemy Nations. Psalm 83:4-8 They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.” 5 For they have consulted together with one consent; They form a confederacy against You: 6 The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab and the Hagrites; 7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; 8 Assyria also has joined with them; They have helped the children of Lot. Visit: Psalm 83 & the Confederacy of Hate So who exactly is this passage speaking of? Who are these undesirable neighbors? While in some cases there is slight disagreement about who is the modern day representive of each ancient name. Most people believe and agree that it is referring to Israel’s immediate neighbors. The nations where the ten ancient people groups and tribes mentioned in Psalm 83 live today, are Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the Palestinian territories within Israel. (David Dolan – “Israel’s Next War”) Others believe that while some of these nations are easy to trace, others are more speculative. ‘We do know that Assyria is the same as modern-day Iraq. And that the Ishmaelites, descended from Abraham and Hagar, were the progenitors of the Arabs. We know the Edomites and the Amalekites were descendents of Esau, and the Moabites and Ammonites from Lot, but to trace them today is well-nigh impossible. The Philistines inhabited the area now known as the Gaza The city of Tyre was located in what is now Lebanon. Gebal is the same as ancient Gubla or Byblos, located in Phoenica. Some sources list the Hagarites as descendents of Hagar, and therefore a segment of Ishmaelites, but the identification is not positive… (Believers Bible Commentary – William Mcdonald)
- When Christ Returns there is– a Rock City Refuge in walking distance of Jerusalem. The ancient city of Petra (Sela – the rock city) in Jordan would exist and become the refuge for the fleeing Jews during the Tribulation. Matthew 24:16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. (Isaiah 16:1-4; Revelation 12:6, 14). In 1994, Jordan and Israel signed a peace treaty making Petra a potential refuge for fleeing Jews. Visit: Petra
Matthew 24:21-22 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
- When Christ Returns there is– Weapons of Mass Destruction. We all have started saying a word these days—and have no idea how sobering it should be. God says that at the end of the world–Mankind would be capable of destroying all life. Matthew 24:21-22 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. Consider that when Jesus made this prediction the armaments of His day were swords and spears. But today, with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, it is possible to wipe out all flesh on planet earth.
- When Christ Returns there is– Thermonuclear Weapons. We talk about them, we see pictures of them, magazine illustrate the effects of them—atomic powered weapons are common to our minds. Yet they were not even dreamed of a century ago. But God’s Word anticipates the use of nuclear weapons. Matthew 24:22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. The neutron bomb melts (dissolves) its victims – just as Zechariah predicted 2500 years ago. Visit: What is a Neutron Bomb? (manuels web)
Matthew 24:23-28 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Deceptive signs and wonders would abound. Matthew 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. (Matthew 24:24; 2 Thessalonians 2:9). Visit: Last Days Revival or the Great Apostasy
- When Christ Returns there is—False Christ Worship. Many would say that Christ is in the “secret chambers” or “inner rooms” in the last days. Matthew 24:26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. According to the Catholic Church, Christ is in the inner rooms of hundreds of thousands of Catholic churches – either in Eucharistic tabernacles or in Eucharistic monstrances. Jesus also warned that this deception would be acompanied by great signs and wonders. Matthew 24:23-27 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Currently, Eucharistic miracles are reported around the globe. Read appendix A and B of the book Messages From Heaven online @ eternal-productions.org or The Eucharist – A Biblical Review (harpazo network) Visit: Eucharistic Adoration (therealpresence.org) * Pope Calls Worldwide Synod of Bishops on Eucharist (zenit) * New Focus on the Eucharist (catholic herald) * Eucharist Adoration News
Matthew 24:29-32 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Awareness of Astronomical Events. Great signs from heaven predicted (Luke 21:11). Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Both natural and supernatural phenomena in the earth and sky appear to be increasing. Visit: Fearful Events * ‘Hole in Sky’ Amazes Scientists (bbc) * Hundreds See Fireballs Fall From Sky in Spain (reuters) * The Sky Isn’t Falling, But Pieces Sure Are (space.com) * Soothsayers See Doom, Gloom in Closeness of Mars (planet ark) * Here Comes Mars (madison) * Spectacular Rare Green Meteor Lights Up Morning Sky (new zealand herald)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Solar Flares. In the past year astronomers have witnessed the greatest solar activities ever recorded. The largest and most powerful solar eruptions have dazzled their instruments and made scientists wonder what is in store for the earth in days ahead. God says that a day is coming when the sun would scorch the inhabitants of the earth. Revelation 16:8-9 Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory. Though this prophecy is clearly a divine judgment on unrepentant mankind, it is interesting that a compromise in the earth’s atmosphere due to nuclear war or other ecological disaster could facilitate this judgment. Visit: the Sun There would be “signs in the sun” (Luke 21:25). This could refer to the increase in sunspots and solar flares. Visit: Signs in the Sun (harpazo network)
- The Rise of a Global Fear of Asteroid or Comet Strike and an ensuing devastation. Movies are made of a thought that no one ever had until our generation. We have become aware of those objects hurtling through space faster than bullets and headed our way! A large asteroid or meteorite predicted to hit the earth during the Tribulation. Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Revelation 8:10-11 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter. In 2002, an asteroid the size of a football field passed extremely close to Earth, remaining undetected until days later. Visit: Asteroid
Matthew 24:48-51 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- When Christ Returns there is—Global Apostasy. People would reject the sound doctrine of the Word of God and follow the doctrines of men that appeal to their own lusts ( 2 Timothy 4:3-4; Acts 20:29-30). Jesus also predicted that there would be many hypocrites within the church. Matthew 24:48-51 But if that evil servant says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying his coming,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 7:22-23 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ Visit: Let Us Reason Ministries * Preachers and Porn (msnbc) * Dean Says Christian Faith Swayed Decision on Gay Unions (washington post) * Anglicans Warn of Split Over Gays (cnn) * Church ‘Faces Gay Hunger Strike’ (bbc) * ‘Bible as Hate Speech’ Bill (world net daily) * Episcopalians Approve Gay Bishop (cnn) * Major Sex Abuse Uncovered in Anglican Church (the age) * Baptist Church In Nashville Standing By Lesbian Minister (knoxnews) * Gay Bishop-Elect: ‘I Do Believe This Is Of The Spirit’ (cnn) * Preacher Remains Defiant in his Heretical Religious Views (agape press)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Idol Addiction. Idolatry would be pervasive (Revelation 9:20, Isaiah 2:8, Micah 5:10-15, Zechariah 13:1-13). An idol is anything that competes with the attention due only to our Creator. Statues, images, icons, charms, false gods, angels, apparitions, as well as money, position, pleasure, a person, possessions, and any created thing can all become idols (Romans 1:18-25). Visit: * An Icon the Pope Hoped to Deliver Personally (zenit) * Fátima to Become Interfaith Shrine (the-news) * People Flock to Tree Stump to See Mary (newsday) * Pope to Accept Mother Teresa’s Blood (sify)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Prophanity/Blasphemy Addiction. Blasphemy would be common (2 Timothy 3:2; Revelation 16:9, 11, 21). Consider how often people use their Creator’s name (God or Jesus Christ) as a curse word. What they have done is liken the One who is the source of every blessing (eyesight, sunsets, food, family, friends, etc.) to a four-letter curse word. Fifty years ago, Hollywood seldom used God’s name in vain. Today, nearly every movie includes blasphemy. Visit: * F-Word-Filled ‘South Park’ Film Airs on TV (world net daily) * FCC Approves Bono’s F-Word on TV (world net daily) * Study: Use of Profanity Increasing On TV (fox news)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Sex Addiction. Sexual immorality would be rampant (Jude 18; Revelation 9:21). Keep in mind, Jesus said whoever looks to lust has already committed adultery in his heart (Matthew 5:28). Therefore, God equates Internet porn, lustful movies, TV shows, and magazines to fornication. Visit: * Government Fires Workers Over Web Porn (zdnet) * Media Gives Porn Industry Pass — Again (agape press) * China Combats Internet Porn (reuters) * Harvard to Publish Porn Magazine (wnd) * High School Hosting ‘Porn’ Play (wnd) * 1,341 Priests Accused of Sex Abuse Since 1950 (ap) * Brazil Braces for Carnival With Handout of 10 Million Condoms (afp) * Shameful Obsession (abc) * Oral Sex is Now a Fact of Life in Middle-School Culture (globe and mail) * Net Blamed for Rise in Child Porn (bbc) * Abercrombie Plans Another Porn Catalog (world net daily) * Students Lobby for University Porn Club (world net daily) * Sadomasochism Conferences Canceled (world net daily) * NBC Expects Outrage Over ‘Coupling’ (tri-city herald) * Sex Viruses Timebomb Is Set To Go Off (mirror uk) * Amazon Sells ‘Deadly’ Pedophile Magazine (world net daily) * Britain At Sex Disease Crisis Point, Say MPs (london telegraph) * New Zealand Legalizes Prostitution (lifesite)
- Men would sear their conscience so they could continue in sin (1 Timothy 4:2). The conscience is where God reveals right and wrong. Con means with and science means knowledge. Therefore we sin “with knowledge” when we ignore God’s moral law and violate our own conscience.
- Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, “These signs have always been around” (2 Peter 3:3-4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Peace. There would be a global cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3). Visit: Peace & Safety (harpazo network) 1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
- The Antichrist would use (false) peace to destroy many (Daniel 8:23-25). With all the problems facing mankind, multitudes are looking for a “savior” to usher in peace and prosperity without moral accountability. The Antichrist will promise the world such a peace if they follow him – but his intentions will be sinister. Visit: Profile of the Antichrist (harpazo network) Daniel 8:23-25 “And in the latter time of their kingdom, When the transgressors have reached their fullness, A king shall arise, Having fierce features, Who understands sinister schemes. 24 His power shall be mighty, but not by his own power; He shall destroy fearfully, And shall prosper and thrive; He shall destroy the mighty, and also the holy people. 25 “Through his cunning He shall cause deceit to prosper under his rule; And he shall exalt himself in his heart. He shall destroy many in their prosperity. He shall even rise against the Prince of princes; But he shall be broken without human means.
- Damascus would be destroyed (Isaiah 17:1, 14; Jeremiah 49:23-27; Amos 1:3-5). Damascus, Syria is increasingly in the news and is extremely anti-Semitic. Many terrorist organizations have their bases in Damascus. God declares that they will become a ruinous heap because they have violently taken what was not theirs. Visit: The Burden of Damascus (harpazo network) (MANY more recent news links Here!)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Government and Politics. Many have wanted to control the world, none ever have. It was simple too big. It took months for messengers to be sent and to return. It took years to carry out military campaigns. Life was too short to rule the world—until our generation! There would be a trend toward a global government was stated almost three thousand years ago by Daniel. (Daniel 2:40-44; 7:23; Revelation 13:7-8). The former Roman Empire – which encompassed present-day Europe – would revive and eventually dominate the world. The European Union has steadily moved forward in its attempt to unite Europe politically and economically. It has succeeded in creating a European parliament, a court, and a common currency. Visit: The Rise of the European Superstate (koinonia house) * Euro Information (euro.gov.uk) * Brussels Decision to Take Legal Action Splits EU (eu observer) * Euro Rise Worrying Central Bank (eu observer) * Europe Wants to Rival US as Military Superpower (crosswalk) * Euro’s Rise Over Dollar is Greeted Nervously (iht) * Javier Solana to Head EU Defense Agency (xinhuanet) * Tens of Thousands of Activists Converge to Forge New Vision of Europe (terradaily) * EU Viewed by China as World Power to Rival US (telegraph) * EU Leaders to Gather in Rome to Launch 1st-Ever EU Constitution (eu business) * EU Launches Growth Plan (eu observer) * European Super-Region Plan Touted (eu observer) * EU in Bid for Bigger Role at the UN (eu observer) * EU: Convention Battle Continues (eu observer) * Belgium Stands Firm Over EU Military HQ Plans (eu business) * A “Real European Government” Composed of Prime Ministers of Europe (eu observer) * EU Constitution Given Positive Send Off (eu observer) * Javier Solana Sketches New ‘Hard Power’ Era for EU (eu observer) * Europe Tests Its Military Wings (guardian) * War Crimes Court On Trial As EU, US Square Up (dailytimes) * ‘Old Europe’ presses ahead with plans for an EU army (telegraph) * EU Peacekeeping Force Ready (the age)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Rise of Babylon as a place and a system. Literal Babylon (formerly called Babel) would reemerge in the land of Shinar – known today as Iraq (Zechariah 5:11; Genesis 10:10; Genesis 11:1-9; Isaiah 13). Saddam Hussein spent over 20 years and many hundreds of millions of dollars rebuilding the city of Babylon. Visit: The Mystery Of Babylon (koinonia house) * Babylon (harpazo network)* 4,000 Years Later, Babylon Still Magical (miami herald) * Chaldean Bishop: Iraq Needs Help From Outside To Be “Reborn” (national review) * Council Ousts Babylon Governor (washington times) * New Patriarch of Babylonia of the Chaldeans, Iraq, Elected (ewtn) * Plan for Rebuilding Iraq Given Unanimous OK (world net daily) * Tiahrt Votes for Iraq Funding Following Eye-Opening Trip (ap) * UK Pledges £300m for Rebuilding Iraq (bbc) * New Iraqi Currency (ndtv) * Marines Visit Biblical City – Babylon (usmc.mil) * Multinational Military Ceremony In Babylon – Sept. 2003 (gospel.com) * University of Babylon Re-opens (bb) * Photo Tour of Babylon
- The Global Acceptance of Evolutionary Beliefs. Even though every day more facts come to light that support creationism and a recent cataclysmic flood—almost everyone refuses to believe the facts. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic Flood) would be denied. 2 Peter 3:5-6 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication. Visit: Noah’s Flood Questions and Answers (answersingenesis.org) * Noah’s Ark (sunstar)
- Increased interest in vegetarianism anticipated (1 Timothy 4:3-4). The New Age Movement has swept the globe during the past 40 years popularizing this. Visit: * PETA Uses Reagan in Push for Veggie Diet (cns news) * PETA Unveils “Cow-Pope” (peta) * Peta’s Pig Billboard: ‘He Died For Your Sins’ (world net daily) * Slaughterville vs. “Veggieville” (wis-tv, columbia) * PETA’s Ad a No-No with CBS (cnn money) * Vegetarian Virgin Mary Ad Riles Church (cnn) * Vegetarianism Grows Among Asheville Kids (citizen-times) * Vegetarianism on College Campuses Popular (collegian) * For Vegetarians, There’s No ‘Me’ in Meat (journal gazette) * Religious Leaders Condemn Vegetarian Jesus Advert (ananova)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Terrorism. Jesus also predicted that there would be fearful sights. Luke 21:11 And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. The Greek word translated fearful is phobetron, which can also be translated terror. According to the U.S. State Department, between 1981 and 2000, there were 9,179 international terrorist attacks. The earth would be filled with violence. Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: Genesis 6:5, 11-13 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth. 13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth. In the United States alone, violent crime has increased nearly 500% since 1960. Visit: United States Crime Rates 1960 – 2000 (disaster center) * Preliminary Uniform Crime Report, 2002 (fbi) Fifty years ago abortion (the violent murder of an unborn child) was illegal in most countries. Today abortion is legal in most countries and 50 million children are aborted each year. Visit: * Roe V Wade Website * Ultimate Pro Life Resource Site * Fetuses Feel Pain, Doctor Testifies (cnn) * Painkillers for Aborted Babies? (wnd) * Lawmakers Vote to ‘Celebrate’ Abortion (world net daily) * ‘Pro-Choicers’ Clap After Partial-Birth Abortion (world net daily) Visit: Total International Terrorist Attacks, 1981-2001 (u.s. department of state) * Berlusconi: Vatican Was Christmas Target (reuters) * ‘Al Qaeda Vows Back-Breaking Strike’ (indian express) * Cities Ramp Up Security On Terror Alert Rise (cnn) * Report: Hamas Planned Attacks in U.S. (world net daily) * Istanbul Blasts At Least 27 Killed – 450 Injured (cnn) * ‘Dirty-Bomb’ Plot Underway in U.S.? (world net daily) * Al-Qaida Training Manual Shows Seaports Top Target (world net daily) * New al-Qaida Threat: 15-Ship Mystery Navy (world net daily) * Al-Qaida Tape Warns of ‘Crusade’ (world net daily) * 15 Israelis Killed in Night of ‘Suicide’ Terror (jerusalem newswire) * Saudis Seize ‘Terror’ Missiles (bbc) * Officials: Suicide Airliner Hijackings Possible (cnn)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Superpower Status of Russia. When Ezekiel wrote his prophecies Russia was as powerless as any nation could have been. A vast untapped land of forests, rivers, snow and farmers. But Ezekiel said that of all places–Russia (Magog) would rise as a military power and lead a surprise attack on Israel just prior to the final seven years of this age (Ezekiel 38). Today, most of the southern states of the former Soviet Union are both military powerhouses and Muslim. Visit: Gog and Magog * Ezekiel’s Wall (jack kinsella) * Rebuilding Russia in the Soviet Image (hal lindsey) * Revisiting Perestroika (hal lindsey) * Russia Expects Major Sales With UAE (menl) * Iran, Russia Arrange To Complete Bushehr (menl) * New EU Policy Sees Tougher Line on Russia (eu observer) * Evidence Cited of Russian Arms in Iraq (boston globe) * Russia Upstages U.S. in Caspian Oil Game (the hindu) * Russia Vows To Advance Iskander Missile (menl) * Russia Bares its Military Teeth (bbc) * Russian Study Warns Of Israeli Competition (menl) * Russia Successfully Tests Intercontinental Missile (irib) * Russia, Saudis Prepare Energy Accord (menl) * Russia Holds Large-Scale Naval Exercise in Far East (people daily) * Russian Role in Mideast Peace Process (sify)
- Turkey (Meshech) would also turn on Israel in the same surprise attack (Ezekiel 38). In November of 2002, Turkey elected a pro-Islamic party to govern the country. Visit: Turkey
- When Christ Returns there is– the Prince of Persia still at work. When Daniel was told that the super demon called the Prince of Persia was resisting the plan of God for Israel 2,600 years ago—who would have ever believed that Iran now poses the greatest threat to world peace of any nation on earth. They will have an atomic capability for weapons by August 2005! Iran (Persia), Sudan (Cush), and Libya (Put) would also partake in the surprise attack on Israel (Ezekiel 38). Anti-Semitism in the Arab world is rampant. According to the Koran and Hadith, all Muslims are commanded to kill Jews, Christians, and non-believers in Jihad (holy war) unless they convert to Islam (Surahs 9:5 and 47:4; Volume 1, book 2, numbers 24 and 35). Visit: Muslim Anti-Semitism
- Ironically, Egypt and Jordan would not participate in this surprise attack (Ezekiel 38). Astoundingly, they are the only two Arab nations that have signed a peace treaty with Israel. Jordan signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994 and Egypt signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1979. Visit: Peace Treaty Between Israel and Egypt * Egypt Expands Its Navy (menl)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Vultures. Who would have known thousands of years ago that the migratory paths of most of the birds in the world leads directly over Israel. God says all the armies of the earth will converge and be killed around Israel. God says that birds of prey would eat the dead flesh of the enemy armies that fall in battle against Israel. Ezekiel 39:4-5, 17 You shall fall upon the mountains of Israel, you and all your troops and the peoples who are with you; I will give you to birds of prey of every sort and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. 5 You shall fall on the open field; for I have spoken,” says the Lord God. 17 “And as for you, son of man, thus says the Lord God, ‘Speak to every sort of bird and to every beast of the field: “Assemble yourselves and come; Gather together from all sides to My sacrificial meal Which I am sacrificing for you, A great sacrificial meal on the mountains of Israel, That you may eat flesh and drink blood. Revelation 19:17-18 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.” It is a little known fact that Israel is the bird migration capital of the world. In fact, 500 million to 1.5 billion birds fly over Israel each spring. During the fall migration an estimated 1 to 4 billion birds traverse Israel. Many of these migratory birds are raptors – carrion (dead flesh) eating birds of prey. In fact, 34 species of raptors migrate over Israel. Visit: Bird Lovers’ Paradise
- The nation Israel would be born in one day (Isaiah 66:8). On May 14, 1948 Israel became a nation. Visit: Declaration of Independence
- The Eastern Gate would remain closed until the Messiah returns. At Christ’s Second Coming, He will enter Jerusalem through the now sealed Eastern Gate (Ezekiel 44:1-3). Today, as predicted, the Eastern Gate remains sealed. Visit: Eastern Gate Ezekiel 44:1-3 Then He brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary which faces toward the east, but it was shut. 2 And the Lord said to me, “This gate shall be shut; it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter by it, because the Lord God of Israel has entered by it; therefore it shall be shut. 3 As for the prince, because he is the prince, he may sit in it to eat bread before the Lord; he shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gateway, and go out the same way.”
- The nation of Israel, which had been divided into two kingdoms since the time of Solomon (950 B.C.) – Israel in the north and Judah in the south – would be one united nation in the last days (Ezekiel 37:15-17, Ezekiel 37:22). At present, as predicted, Israel is one nation.
- The returning Jews would have no king in the last days (Hosea 3:4-5). Amazingly, not only is Israel no longer a theocracy, but today the Jewish state is governed by a democracy comprised of some 30 political parties. Visit: The Knesset
- During the diaspora (the dispersion of the Jews to the four corners of the globe), Israel would become a wasteland (Deuteronomy 29:23-28; Ezekiel 36:8-11; Ezekiel 36:33-36). During the past 1900 years Israel became a nearly uninhabited, desolate wasteland. > For updated news & links visit: The Diaspora
- When Christ Returns there is– the Agricultural Miracle of Modern Israel. Israel, once a desolate desert, would blossom in the last days and export produce to the world (Isaiah 27:6; 35:1-2; Ezekiel 36:34-36). Israel’s increased rainfall and world-renowned irrigation technology have caused the land to blossom. Incredibly, as predicted, they currently export 800 million dollars worth of fresh produce each year. Visit: * Israel’s Exports Underpin Economic Growth (israel ministry of foreign affairs) * The World Factbook 2002 – Israel (cia)
- Israel would once again plant vineyards on the mountains of Israel (Joel 3:17-18; Amos 9:13). Today, sweet wine flows from the Golan Heights and many other vineyards on the mountains of Israel. Visit: Israeli Wine & Wineries – Gems in Israel
- The last days Jews would plant forests of trees. The Bible even specifies the variety of trees – cedar, acacia, myrtle, oil, cypress, pine, and box (Isaiah 41:18-20). This has happened in our day. Visit: Trees
- Though Israel would be the focus of many fulfilled prophecies, most Jews would remain blind to the fact that Jesus is their Messiah until the very end (Luke 19:41-42; Luke 13:34-35; Romans 11:25-26). Visit: * Jesus the Messiah – Evidence & Objections (jewsforjesus) * Ask the Rabbi: When is Messiah Coming? (aish.com)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Flow of the River Euphrates. The Euphrates River would be dried up. Revelation 16:12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. Today, the massive Ataturk Dam in Turkey, completed in 1990, can hold back the Euphrates to a trickle. Visit: Ataturk Dam
- The Rise of the Superpower of China. In the first week of 2005, China officially arrived at the level of consumption of resources of America. To think that this vast region so long in poverty and technological scarcity could rise so far, so fast is simply amazing. But God said so 2,800 years ago when Isaiah spoke of the land of the rising sun in future days. Then John saw their armies streaming towards the final battle at Armageddon. Revelation 16:12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. Asia (the kings from the east) would be capable of deploying a vast army during earth’s final days. Visit: Historical Estimates of World Population (census.gov) * China Seeks Defense Upgrade With Arab States (menl) * China: U.S. Must Back Off (cnn) * China Threatens Reprisal Over US Import Curbs (ft) * China’s First Manned Spacecraft – Spy in the Sky (washington times) * China and the European Union Tighten Relations (eu observer) * The World Factbook 2002 – China (cia)
- When Christ Returns there is– a Global Population Explosion. God’s Word sees in the final days of the earth an uncountable number of people. The earth is filled with people. In Christ’s day there were an estimated 150 to 300 million people on the whole planet—we now have twenty to nearly fifty times that number alive and that number is growing each day. Just those saved out of this final holocaust is astounding. Revelation 7:9, 14 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. That John also beholds “a great multitude which no one could number” coming out of the Great Tribulation at the end of the age indicates an enormous number of people on planet earth in the last days. Visit: USA Population Nears 300 Million (sfgate) Weapon of Mass Population (sp times)
- The nations would bud (Luke 21:29-33). In Scripture, the tree is often used figuratively of a nation (Ezekiel 31:3-6; Daniel 4:20-22). During the past century we have seen the end of the colonial era and the rapid growth in the number of newly formed independent nations. Visit: The United Nations and Decolonization
- Egypt, one of the world’s greatest ancient civilizations, would exist in the last days – but only as a lowly third world nation (Ezekiel 29:14-16). Today, as predicted, Egypt remains an impoverished nation. To show how amazing this prophecy is, compare modern Egypt with the tiny nation of Austria. Egypt has ten times more land area, and a population eight times greater then Austria. Yet, Epypt’s Gross Domestic Product is only one-fifth of Austria’s GDP. Visit: Egypt’s Tourism Turnaround
- Marriage would be forbidden by many (1 Timothy 4:3). The Bible states that marriage is honorable among all (Hebrews 13:4). Despite this, the Catholic Church forbids their 400,000 priests 800,000 nuns, and numerous bishops, cardinals, nuns, and monks from marrying. The Orthodox Church, as well as Hindus, Buddhists, and other religious groups also impose mandatory celibacy for certain orders. Visit: The End of Marriage in Scandinavia (weekly standard) Group Calls for De-Legalization of Marriage (fox news) Boston Archdiocese Agrees to $85M Sex Abuse Settlement (fox news) Priest Celibacy (cbs58) Vatican Says Celibacy Rule Nonnegotiable (fox news)
- Youth would become increasingly rebellious (2 Timothy 3:2-3; Mark 13:12). Visit: Rebellious Youth Mark 13:12 Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Addiction to Money and Pleasure. Humanity would become increasingly materialistic and lovers of pleasure (2 Timothy 3:1-5). Visit: Lovers of Pleasure (harpazo network)
- The Rise of Global Homosexuality. Christ’s words about the “days of Lot” (Luke 17:28) are often overlooked because homosexuality has become so much a part of every day life here in America and in much of western civilization. Homosexuality would be flaunted at the end of the age (Luke 17:28-30; Genesis 19). Ask your grandparents if there were such things as Gay Pride parades in their day. Visit: Homosexuality
- The Hebrew language would be restored (Zephaniah 3:9). Remarkable, but today Hebrew is once again the official language of Israel. Ultimately, when Christ returns to set up His kingdom, all people will share one speech. Not only will one language be restored, as it was before Babel (Genesis 11:1), but all people will call on the Lord with one accord.
- The Ethiopian Jews would return to Israel (Zephaniah 3:10). At least 60,000 Ethiopian Jews have returned during the past 20 years. Visit: Ethiopian Jews Return (harpazo network)
- Substantial wealth and luxuries foreseen (James 5:1-3; Revelation 3:17; Revelation 18). It is interesting that 40 years ago some authorities forecasted that the growing mass of humanity was so quickly depleting the world’s resources, that many resources would be exhausted in a few decades. Yet today, vast material wealth and luxuries are in abundant supply – just as the Bible indicated 2000 years ago.
- Despite increases in wealth, disparity between the wealthy and poor would continue to increase (Revelation 6:6). In Scripture, oil and wine often denote luxurious abundance (Proverbs 21:17; Joel 2:24; Revelation 18:13). Therefore this prophecy indicates that the wealthy will continue to flourish while the poor can scarcely afford bread. Thirty years ago, the world’s richest 20% had 30 times the income of the poorest quintile. Today the ratio is 60 to 1. That means that the top 20% account for 85% of the world income, while the bottom billion’s share is only 1.4%. Visit: Disparity Between the Rich & Poor (harpazo network)
- The Rise of Global Stress. Stress would increase because of selfishness 2 Timothy 3:1-2 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, In verse 1 of 2 Timothy 3, the Greek word chalepos can be translated perilous or difficult or grievous or stressful. The main reason for this stress is because “men will be lovers of themselves.” Visit: The American Institute of Stress
- The returning Jews would once again use the ancient shekel for commerce (Ezekiel 45:12; Amos 8:5). Amazingly, the shekel is now Israel’s official currency. Visit: The American Israel Numismatic Association
- Nuclear energy foreseen (Revelation 8:10-11). While this prophecy is clearly a divine judgment, it is interesting that an asteroid or comet strike could easily breach nuclear power plants which are commonly located near large bodies of water. This would contaminate (make bitter) vast waterways.
- A red heifer without blemish must be born and sacrificed to purify the temple in Israel (Numbers 19:2, 3, 5, 9). A kosher red heifer was born in 2002 and remains without blemish! Visit: Red Heifer Born in Israel! (templeinstitute.org)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Seeming Invincibility of the Israeli Military. It appears that Israel remains nearly invincible except during the Great Tribulation. Zechariah 12:6-9 In that day I will make the governors of Judah like a firepan in the woodpile, and like a fiery torch in the sheaves; they shall devour all the surrounding peoples on the right hand and on the left, but Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place—Jerusalem. 7 “The Lord will save the tents of Judah first, so that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem shall not become greater than that of Judah. 8 In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them. 9 It shall be in that day that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. Even during those last 3 ½ years, when it looks like Israel will be destroyed, the Lord shall deliver Israel from the hands of her enemies. (Jeremiah 30:3-7; Zechariah 14; Mark 13:14-20). Since 1948, Israel has been attacked in three major wars and six lesser wars, yet despite being vastly outnumbered, they have destroyed all attacking foes. Visit: Israel @ War
- In the last days, fallen angels would mingle with mankind (Luke 17:26; Genesis 6:1-4). This may account for the explosion of ET/Alien abduction reports during the last 50 years. Visit: Ufos & Aliens – What In The Heavens Is Going On? (harpazo network) * UFO Blasts Sky Like 50,000 Spotlights (world net daily) * Paranormal SWAT Team Won’t Rule Out Alien Authorship (sfgate) * Strange UFO Seen in Colorado (world net daily) * Mystery After UFO Sightings Puzzle Experts (thisisnorthscotland)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Waning Love of Christ’s Church. The majority of those in the last days church would be lukewarm, wealthy, complacent and would be vomited into tribulation (Revelation 3:14-16). Polls reveal that a high percentage of professing Christians deny that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Many even deny that Jesus is God. Visit: Lukewarm Christians
- When Christ Returns there is– the Trend to a Global Religion. There would be a move towards a one-world religion. (Revelation 13:8,12; Revelation 17). Visit: One Lie to Rule Them All… (harpazo network) * EU Chief – Javier Solana – Calls for Religious Co-Existence (hipakistan) * Pope Says All Great Religions Must Unite For Peace (ewtn) * Vatican Concert Unites Faiths bbc * Dialogue Between Catholics, Chief Rabbinate is a Sign of Hope (ewtn) * Interfaith Group Jerusalem Peace Rally (upi) * Pope Gives Thanks for Ecumenical Progress, asks Prayers for Unity (catholic news) * Pope Offers Hand to Conservative Anglicans (world net daily) * A Call for ‘United Nations of Religions’ (world net daily) * Interreligious Dialogue Is Part of Evangelizing Mission, Pope Says (zenit) * Ecumenical Patriarch Praises John Paul, Urges Christian Unity (a) * Germany’s Catholics, Protestants Come Together for Historic Event (deutsche welle) * Mary: Mother of Interreligious Dialogue (ewtn) * The Pope Appeals For Full Unity Between Catholics and Orthodox (ewtn) * Round Table Reflects on “Mary and the Churches”(ewtn) * Bold Ecumeical Suggestion From Anglican Leader (ewtn)
- A woman, who is an impostor, would call herself “queen” and head the global counterfeit church in the last days (Revelation 17; 18:7). Tens of millions follow the apparition of Mary, who claims that she is the Mother of the Church, the Lady of All Nations, the Co-Redemptrix, and the Queen of Heaven and Earth. Visit: Apparitions of Mary (eternal productions) to read the book and view the video Messages From Heaven. * Pope Says: Mary Helps Us to Open Up Our Hearts to God’s Will (ewtn) * Pope Says: Mary Loves Us As She Loves Her Divine Son (ewtn) * John Paul II Commends Peace of World to Mary (zenit) * Pope Stresses Need to Pray the Rosary-Urges Confidence in the Virgin Mary (zenit) * John Paul II Entrusts Future of Europe to Mary (zenit)
- The woman would also embody a great city set on seven hills (Revelation 17:9, 18). The Queen of Heaven is considered the Mother of the Roman Catholic Church which has its headquarters (the Vatican) situated on seven hills. As the Catholic Encyclopedia states, “It is within the city of Rome, called the city of seven hills, that the entire area of Vatican State proper is now confined.” Visit: * Vatican City Celebrates 75 Years as a Sovereign State (ewtn) * A Woman Rides The Beast (the berean call)
- In the last days, this wicked woman would go out over the face of the whole earth. She would be associated with a global curse. Her final destination would be Babylon – in the land of Shinar (Zechariah 5). Interestingly, the apparition of Mary claims that she will soon travel through the entire world saving those who look to her. Visit: harpazo.net/Queen.html to read the booklet Queen of All.
- This female impostor would come in Christ’s name seducing His followers to commit idolatry (Revelation 2:20-22; 17:4,5). The apparition of Mary encourages millions to bow down to her statues and visit her shrines. Worldwide, she also stresses the importance of worshiping the Eucharist. * Fátima to Become Interfaith Shrine (the-news) * Pope: Mary’s Tears Are a Call to Conversion and Peace (zenit)
- The Lady of Kingdoms would deceive God’s people. Ultimately, the Lord would expose her true identity (Isaiah 47). It is provocative that an apparition of Mary entitled “The Lady of Nations” has initiated Catholics to petition the pope to declare her Co-Redemptrix. Nearly 7 million petitions have been sent to the pope urging him to declare her Co-Redemptrix. Visit: the Lady (harpazo network)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Drug Addiction. Epidemic drug use predicted Revelation 9:21 And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. The Greek word translated sorceries is pharmakeia which refers to drug use, both illegal drugs and mind-altering drugs. Visit: Drug Use (harpazo network)
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Occultic/Demonic Addiction Sorceries – referring to witchcraft, magic, or occult practices used to enchant and deceive – are also anticipated in the last days. Revelation 9:21 And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. Revelation 18:23 The light of a lamp shall not shine in you anymore, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall not be heard in you anymore. For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. (Isaiah 47:9-15; Micah 5:10-15) Visit: Sorceries (harpazo network)
- Israel would be partitioned by other nations (Joel 3:2; Daniel 11:39). This has been a top priority for the United Nations since Israel’s statehood. Currently, the West Bank, the Golan Heights, and Gaza, have been divided up into Jewish and Palestinian settlements. Visit: * US Opposes One-State Solution (ha’aretz) * Israel Accepts U.S. Demand Of PA State In 2004 (menl) * Kofi Annan Calls For International ‘Buffer’ Force for Israel (ha’aretz) * Bush: The Holy Land Must Be Divided (israeli insider) * S. Wants Timetable For Outpost Evacuation (menl) * Sharon: “The time has come to divide this land between us and the Palestinians”(jpost)
- Atomic fission anticipated (2 Peter 3:10-12). The Greek word translated elements is stoicheion which refers to the Greek letters: alpha, beta, gamma, etc. These are fundamental particles and rays of the atomic nuclei which are emitted from a molecule during radioactive decay. Peter predicted these elements would “melt with fervent heat” when the earth and the heavens are “dissolved” by fire. Today we understand that if the elements of the atom are loosed, there would be an enormous release of heat and energy (radiation).
- When Christ Returns there is– Global Digitalization of Money. Financial systems would depend on numbers not cash. Revelation 13:17-18 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666. Visit: Cashless Society (harpazo network)
- Environmental devastation of the planet foreseen (Revelation 11:18). Our generation has done more to ravage the environment than any previous generation. Visit: Environmental Devastation (harpazo network)
- When Christ Returns there is– the Global Cashless Economy. There is not enough cash on the whole planet to go around. Money has been reduced to digits. Savings have become paper statements and possessions have become mostly in the realm of electrons. God’s Word sees at the end of days that a global economic system would exist. Revelation 13:17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Revelation 18:3, 11, 19, 23 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.” 11 “And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore: 19 “They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.’ 23 The light of a lamp shall not shine in you anymore, and the voice of bridegroom and bride shall not be heard in you anymore. For your merchants were the great men of the earth, for by your sorcery all the nations were deceived. Today, globalists in every level of government are seeking to unite the world. Connecting the world monetarily is crucial to their goal. Visit: Global Economic System (harpazo network)
- God predicted that His name would be great among the nations (Malachi 1:11; Philippians 2:9-11). As we begin the 3rd millennium, nearly 2 billion people profess to be Christians. Ironically, over one billion Muslims regard Jesus as the Christ and the only sinless prophet, though they deny His claims that He rose from the dead and that He is divine. Most of the remaining population regard Jesus as the greatest prophet and teacher ever. As foretold, no other name compares to the fame ascribed to Jesus Christ.
- Jesus predicted that even after heaven and earth pass away, His words would never be forgotten (Luke 21:33). As we near the end of the age, we see that Christ’s words remain as accurate, renowned, and relevant as they were 2000 years ago. Today, Bible societies distribute approximately 600 million Scripture portions or entire Bibles every single year. Visit: United Bible Societies (biblesociety.org)
- Despite the Bible’s numerous warnings and last days prophecies, most people would be taken off guard when these events culminate (Luke 21:35-36; 1 Thessalonians 5:2).
- All true followers of Christ would suddenly vanish – raptured (caught up) by God to heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52). A false explanation will deceive the unsuspecting masses (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12). Today many apparitions, angels, ETs, cults, and New Agers are offering a counterfeit explanation for this soon to take place event. Visit: Warning! In Case of Disappearance (harpazo network) The Rapture (harpazo network) * Pre or Post Trib Rapture (Dave Hunt)
- After the Rapture (during the Tribulation), innumerable multitudes from every nation would wake up and turn to the true Jesus of the Bible and be saved (Revelation 7:9-17). In addition, the Bible indicates that after a chastening period (the Tribulation) multitudes from Egypt to Assyria (Iraq and surrounding nations) would call upon the name of the Lord and be saved (Isaiah 19:16-25). Today, the seeds of the gospel are being spread in every nation – including the Middle East!
- In the last days Israel would have a peace treaty in place that the Antichrist will confirm and eventually break (Daniel 9:27). Currently the world’s governments are striving for an Israeli peace treaty. Visit: The Center for Middle East Peace & Economic Cooperation * The Oslo Accords (the peace encyclopedia) * The Peace Process is Dead, Long Live the Peace Process (mideastweb.org) * Arafat Pushing for Madrid-Style Peace Conference (ha’aretz) * Jordan Seen as Key to Solving the P.A. Problem: 3 Plans (arutz 7) * Solana: Quartet to Meet at Beginning of Year on Road Map (ha’aretz) * Academic: ‘Geneva’ Authors Duped The Public (jnewswire) * ‘Amateur’ Negotiated Peace Pact On Mideast (iht) * New Mideast Peace Bids – A Pocket Guide (ha’aretz) * The Geneva Accords (jnewswire) * Oslo Hatchers Poised to Announce ‘Swiss Accords’ (jnewswire) * Mideast Roadmap Meeting Planned (upi) * Camp David: Bush, Jordanian King Continue Work on Mideast Peace (fox news) * A Guide to the Mideast ‘Road Map’ (washington post) * EU In Fresh Bid To Boost Mid East Role (eu observer)
- The final generation would be open to receiving a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads (Revelation 13:16). Consider how the up and coming generation is tattooed, pierced and marked with all kinds of insignia. Visit:
The Mark of the Beast (harpazo network)
- Some professing Christians would give heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons (1 Timothy 4:1). This generation has witnessed the explosion of apparitions and other “heavenly visitors” that are embraced by professing Christians even though their doctrines contradict the Word of God. Visit: Apparitions of Mary and Other Supernatural Phenomena (eternal productions)