Remember the first words Jesus and the Apostles read at their mothers knees. For all Jewish children were taught to read starting with the Torah, the first five books of Moses. Why don’t we read them together this morning!
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (NKJV)
Now listen to what the culture around us is trying to conform us to:
Theistic evolution is an attempt to accommodate God’s Word to man’s ideas. The theistic evolutionist says that God’s method of creation was evolution, that He didn’t create the world in six literal days but took millions, perhaps billions, of years to accomplish the feat.
To suggest that God relied on chance and time to create the universe is not only insulting to God’s power, it makes Him a liar by contradicting His inspired written account of creation. To satisfy the theistic evolutionist, the first few chapters of Genesis would have to be rewritten. Ruth Beechick suggests the ridiculous results below.
- I In the beginning God created masses of interstellar gas and dust, and after billions of years there were formed from these masses many solar systems and in one a planet, Earth.
- Now this planet was without form and covered with waters.
- And God said, Let the process of orogenesis work in the earth. After a sufficient time had elapsed the waters were gathered together and dry land appeared: and it was so.
- And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He Seas: and God saw that it was good.
- And God said, Let elements in the waters come together in chance formations. And a chain of highly improbable chances brought together a true protoplasm. God called the protoplasm Life.
- And God said to the living protoplasm, Keep making more protoplasm and form into cells of different kinds, and ever better and more complex groupings so you can evolve into many kinds of water creatures. And let some of the fish bring forth wings. And after millions of years God saw that it was good.
- And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
- And God had also said, Let some of the fish begin to crawl on the earth, and let every creature bring forth some other kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth, each after some other kind: and it was so.
- And when the living creatures could not evolve into all the kinds God wanted, then God made some more creatures from time to time. These creatures also made new kinds upon the earth: and God saw that it was good.’
- And God said to the Primate kind, Stand upright and begin to use tools. This will develop your brain and you can have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
- And after many generations the upright Primate could do all the things God told him to do. God called him Man, and Man was the image of Him.
- And God blessed Man and said, Be fruitful, and subdue the earth. I have given you everything in it.
- And God saw every thing that He had made, and behold it was very good. And millions and billions of years had passed.
- Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
- And after God ended His work which He had made, God rested on one day from all His work which He had made.
- And God blessed that one day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work which God created and made.
- Therefore, remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.
- Many years shalt thou labor and do all thy work:
- But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work.
- For in millions and billions of years the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested one day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.
‘Some of the ancient manuscripts omit this verse.
Can we really take the liberty to alter the very Word of God like that? If we do so in Genesis 1-2 where else can we make it suit the current scientific, moral, cultural drift away from God ?
In other words, no book of the Scriptures matters more because EVERY BOOK OF THE BIBLE RESTS ON THIS ONE! The book of Genesis is the foundation for the doctrines that follow. Everything you base your Eternal destiny upon starts in Genesis:
- INSPIRATION: The Creator in Genesis WROTE the Scriptures! Hebrews 1:1-2 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; (NKJV)
- DEITY OF CHRIST: The Creator in Genesis is the One who DIED for you and me! Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, (NKJV) John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (NKJV)
- FINAL JUDGMENT: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONE we will all someday face to enter Heaven or Hell! Acts 17:24, 31 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 31 “because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” (NKJV)
- SALVATION: The CREATOR of Genesis is the ONLY ONE who can die in your place on the Cross! Romans 5:12-15 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned — 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift [is] not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. (NKJV)
- TRUSTWORTHINESS OF CHRIST: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONLY ONE who knows what happened at that event! Mark 10:6 “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ (NKJV)
- THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE BIBLE: The CREATOR in Genesis is the ONLY ONE able to send a message like we have in the SCRIPTURES! Colossians 1:15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (NKJV)
- All attempts to compromise the Scriptures should be resisted. There are some popular views some Christians hold that are very dangerous:
- Evolution is the Satanic religion of the Fall, Cain, Babel, idolatry, paganism, humanism and all other evils. Even the Darwinism of Evolution has been proven in a legal setting t be devoid of scientific support. As Dr. Phillip Johnson says in his book Darwinism on Trial, “at every step I, what I found was a failure of the evidence to be in accord with the theory. . . the fossil record is something the Darwinists must explain away because it records sudden appearance of organisms that exhibit no trace of step-by-step development from earlier forms. And once these organisms exist, they remain fundamentally unchanged . . . “
- Gap Theory destroys Adam’s original sin. Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned — (NKJV) It puts him at the head of a creation that sits atop a multi-billion year old graveyard of fossils. This monument to sin, death and destruction before Adam is incongruous to the Word of God .
- Age Day Theory destroys the reliability of the text. It is repeatedly stated and believed by the Scripture writers that the account of Gen 1 is true. The age Day Theory states the sun had to come before the fourth epoch. So the scriptures can’t be trusted.
- LISTEN TO YOUR CREATOR
- Gen 1 is His account and He says He did it in six literal, solar, calendar days! “evening and morning” is a designation for a rotation of the Earth, a solar, 24 hour day. In fact the word used in Genesis 1-2 for day is always used for a literal day!
- The word “day” (Hebrew yom) can have a variety of meanings. A solar day, Daylight, Indefinite period of time
- Occurring 2291 times in the Old Testament, it almost always means a literal day.
- When used in the plural form yamim (845 times), it always refers to a literal day.
- When modified by numeral or ordinal in historical narrative (359 times in the Old Testament outside of Genesis 1), it always means a literal day.
- When modified by “evening and/or morning” (38 times outside of Genesis 1) it always means a literal day.
- Context of Genesis I is a tight chronology.
- Forms basis for our work week of 6 literal days (Exodus 20:11).
- Proper interpretation is a solar day, not an indefinite time period.
- Gen 2 is His origin of man and woman is the account of Adam and Eve, and it was instantaneous creation!
- Exodus 20 was actually inscribed by the very finger of God into stone. What does the only words God actually wrote on an object say? Exodus 20:9-11 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day [is] the Sabbath of the LORD your God. [In it] you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who [is] within your gates. 11 For [in] six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. (NKJV) is His explanation of the timing and it is six solar days!
- Mark 10 is His placement of mankind in relation to the Universe! Mark 10:6 “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ (NKJV)
- Gen 1 is His account and He says He did it in six literal, solar, calendar days! “evening and morning” is a designation for a rotation of the Earth, a solar, 24 hour day. In fact the word used in Genesis 1-2 for day is always used for a literal day!
- TRUST YOUR CREATOR Hebrews 1:10 And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. (NKJV) Hebrews 11:3-6 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. 6 But without faith [it is] impossible to please [Him,] for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and [that] He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV)
- MARVEL AT YOUR CREATORS POWER (list)
- God made all of the Universe:
- Nehemiah 9:6 You alone [are] the LORD; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You. (NKJV)
- Job 12:7-9 “But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you; And the birds of the air, and they will tell you; 8 Or speak to the earth, and it will teach you; And the fish of the sea will explain to you. 9 Who among all these does not know That the hand of the LORD has done this, (NKJV)
- Psalm 19:1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. (NKJV)
- Psalm 90:1-2 A Prayer of Moses the man of God. LORD, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. 2 Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You [are] God. (NKJV)only God is eternal
- Psalm 100:3 Know that the LORD, He [is] God; [It is] He [who] has made us, and not we ourselves; [We are] His people and the sheep of His pasture. (NKJV)
- Psalm 104:1-35 Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, You are very great: You are clothed with honor and majesty, 2 Who cover [Yourself] with light as [with] a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain. 3 He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters, Who makes the clouds His chariot, Who walks on the wings of the wind, 4 Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire. 5 [You who] laid the foundations of the earth, So [that] it should not be moved forever, 24 O LORD, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions — 31 May the glory of the LORD endure forever; May the LORD rejoice in His works. 32 He looks on the earth, and it trembles; He touches the hills, and they smoke. 33 I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 34 May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the LORD. 35 May sinners be consumed from the earth, And the wicked be no more. Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD! (NKJV)
- Psalm 121:2 My help [comes] from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. (NKJV)
- Psalm 124:8 Our help [is] in the name of the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. (NKJV)
- Psalm 134:3 The LORD who made heaven and earth Bless you from Zion! (NKJV)
- Psalm 135:5-7 For I know that the LORD [is] great, And our Lord [is] above all gods. 6 Whatever the LORD pleases He does, In heaven and in earth, In the seas and in all deep places. 7 He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries. (NKJV)
- Psalm 136:3-9 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy [endures] forever: 4 To Him who alone does great wonders, For His mercy [endures] forever; 5 To Him who by wisdom made the heavens, For His mercy [endures] forever; 6 To Him who laid out the earth above the waters, For His mercy [endures] forever; 7 To Him who made great lights, For His mercy [endures] forever — 8 The sun to rule by day, For His mercy [endures] forever; 9 The moon and stars to rule by night, For His mercy [endures] forever. (NKJV) note the psalmist accepted the literal words of gen 1!
- Psalm 147:4-18 He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. 5 Great [is] our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding [is] infinite. 8 Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains. 9 He gives to the beast its food, [And] to the young ravens that cry. 16 He gives snow like wool; He scatters the frost like ashes; 17 He casts out His hail like morsels; Who can stand before His cold? 18 He sends out His word and melts them; He causes His wind to blow, [and] the waters flow. (NKJV)
- Psalm 148:1-6 Praise the LORD! Praise the LORD from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights! 2 Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts! 3 Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light! 4 Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, And you waters above the heavens! 5 Let them praise the name of the LORD, For He commanded and they were created. 6 He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away. (NKJV)
- Isaiah 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I [am] the LORD, who makes all [things,] Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself; (NKJV)
- Jeremiah 32:17 ‘Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. (NKJV)
- Acts 14:15 and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them, (NKJV)
- Hebrews 1:10 And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. (NKJV)
- Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. (NKJV)
- God stretched out, unrolled and spread the Heavens for His glory!
- Job 9:8 He alone spreads out the heavens, And treads on the waves of the sea; (NKJV)
- Job 26:7 He stretches out the north over empty space; [He] hangs the earth on nothing. (NKJV)
- Job 37:18 With Him, have you spread out the skies, Strong as a cast metal mirror? (NKJV)
- Isaiah 42:5 Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, Who gives breath to the people on it, And spirit to those who walk on it: (NKJV)
- Psalm 104:2 Who cover [Yourself] with light as [with] a garment, Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain. (NKJV)
- Psalm 136:6 To Him who laid out the earth above the waters, For His mercy [endures] forever; (NKJV) [overlay #7554]
- Isaiah 40:22 [It is] He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants [are] like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (NKJV)
- Isaiah 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I [am] the LORD, who makes all [things,] Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself; (NKJV)
- Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, And created man on it. I — My hands — stretched out the heavens, And all their host I have commanded. (NKJV)
- Isaiah 51:13 And you forget the LORD your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens And laid the foundations of the earth; You have feared continually every day Because of the fury of the oppressor, When [he has] prepared to destroy. And where [is] the fury of the oppressor? (NKJV)
- Jeremiah 10:12 He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, And has stretched out the heavens at His discretion. (NKJV)
- Jeremiah 51:15 He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, And stretched out the heaven by His understanding. (NKJV)
- Zechariah 12:1 The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: (NKJV) [spread #5186];
- WORSHIP YOUR CREATOR
- Psalm 33:6-9 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. 7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses. 8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. 9 For he spake, and it was [done]; he commanded, and it stood fast. (KJV) instantaneous fiat creation no long process
- Psalm 95:3-7 For the LORD [is] the great God, And the great King above all gods. 4 In His hand [are] the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills [are] His also. 5 The sea [is] His, for He made it; And His hands formed the dry [land.] 6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker. 7 For He [is] our God, And we [are] the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice: (NKJV)
- Psalm 96:4-5 For the LORD [is] great and greatly to be praised; He [is] to be feared above all gods. 5 For all the gods of the peoples [are] idols, But the LORD made the heavens. (NKJV)
- Psalm 113:4-6 The LORD [is] high above all nations, His glory above the heavens. 5 Who [is] like the LORD our God, Who dwells on high, 6 Who humbles Himself to behold [The things that are] in the heavens and in the earth? (NKJV)
- Psalm 115:15-16 [May] you [be] blessed by the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. 16 The heaven, [even] the heavens, [are] the LORD’s; But the earth He has given to the children of men. (NKJV)
- Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.” (NKJV) Revelation 14:7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” (NKJV) = We must respond to our CREATOR
- Revelation 14:7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” (NKJV)
- God made all of the Universe:
God stretched out the heavens. In 1929 Edwin Hubble discovered the Universe is still moving away from us. The study of this distance and velocity as expressed in the Hubble constant has become the center of the current debate on the age of the Cosmos. Two groups are a odds, both secular scientific positions. One says 9 billion the other 15. One thing is for sure, they don’t know and are guessing! Remember design shows a designer and complexity shows a Creator! Yet Science Magazine says it outright in 1980, “there is no evidence of macro evolution.” The key is in the statement of Rich Bozarth published in the American Atheist, “If we can remove Adam and Eve we wipe out Christianity!”
The book you can trust # 5
Take the book that you can trust, the Bible, and open with me please to the last book of it, chapter four of the Revelation. And this morning as we come to communion, we’re coming with a very singular focus, and that focus is that we have come, and all believers should come, and all redeemed ones should come before the Lord and worship him, listen, as creator. I think sometimes as Christians we forget how important it is to God that we ascribe to Him, that we praise Him for one of His attributes. And that attribute is that He is the creator. And perhaps there is no portion of the word of God that is more attacked, that is more caused to be undermined by the world around us in our current age than the scriptures that pertain to the miraculous, sovereign, supernatural creation of the universe by our creator.
Look at two verses. Four, 11 is the first one. Revelation 4:11. And it says this, and by the way true worship in verse 10 has two essentials. The 24 elders in verse 10 fall down, and there must be a submission to God. And you can’t worship Him as creator unless you submit to Him. And to submit to Him we have to lay aside all of the trappings our culture lays on. We have to submit and just take Him at His word. And secondly, verse 10 says, they fall down before Him and they cast their crowns before the throne. That’s total humility. I mean, they say that we don’t have anything that’s worthy of anything. We just cast everything at your feet. Those are two essentials of worship. But here’s what they worshipped, verse 11. “You are worthy, oh Lord, to receive glory, and honor, and power.” Why? Why is He worthy of all glory, all honor, and power? The last part of verse 11. “For you created all things.” Wow! “And by your will they exist.” The universe wouldn’t hold together if God didn’t hold it together. The laws are there that things should fly apart. And God holds it together. By Him all things consist. “For by your will they exist and were created.”
Now look at chapter 14, a second passage of Revelation. And I’m going to start reading in verse six because when the whole planet is falling apart… There’s a future day coming, it’s called the tribulation. It’s here on the earth. It lasts seven years. It might be not too far from now, and everything’s going to just start disintegrating. It’s going to be… the sun scorching, and there’s going to be terrible pollution, and the fish are going to die, and it’s just awful stuff. It’s all chronicled in the Revelation. But look at verse six. Because it’s going to get to the point where God finally steps in and for the first time He doesn’t rely merely on us to give out the gospel. He sends an angel to preach around the planet, because the beast is killing them off so fast, and for whatever reason, and this is what the angel says in verse six. “I saw another angel,” Revelation 14:6, “flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel.” The everlasting, the unchanging, the eternal gospel, the gospel of God, it’s never changed. There’s one gospel; it’s always been the same. “…To preach to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation, tribe, tongue, people.” I mean, he gets all the way around.
And this is what… I mean, when God gets the microphone and gets to preach, what does He say? Well, basically He says the same thing when He got to, with His own finger, write part of the Bible. We’re going to see that a little later. Did you know there’s one part of the Bible God actually wrote himself? I mean, with His own hand He inscribed it into stone? And the only part He picked in the whole Bible to write God said, I created the whole universe in six, solar, 24-hour days. He wrote that himself. Did you know that’s a big deal to God? And He says it again. Look here in verse seven. “Saying with a loud voice, fear God and give glory to Him for the hour of judgment has come.” Listen, this is the eternal gospel. “Worship the one who made heaven, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.” Do you know what He’s saying by that? I made everything. I laid it out, I made the springs of the ocean, I made the Ogallala Aquifer that is, you know, in our area. He said, I made it all. I made the heavens, I made the earth, I made everything, I even formed the layers and I made the springs. And He said, if you, if you want to worship me, you must worship Him who made heaven, earth, sea and springs of water.
This morning, the biblical account of creation is not a little thing. It’s not something like a lot of denominations are saying, you know, we just don’t know what to do with that. It’s allegorical, it’s mythical, we just won’t talk about it. It’s too divisive. It is very divisive. It has a lot to do with where you spend eternity, because only those who worship God as creator of heaven (that’s the universe), of the earth (that’s the planet we’re on), of the seas and of everything underneath, only those truly are worshipping the one that we saw last week as their Redeemer.
Let’s go back to Genesis one, and just briefly I want to show you what the Bible does say about creation. And what I’d like to just do is stick to the text, to the Bible. ‘Cause remember the first words Jesus and the apostles read at their mothers’ knees and that all Jewish children were taught to read, started with these verses that I read last week and I read again. Verse one. “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Period. God did it all. He made it all, He formed it all, He fashioned it, He showed His handiwork and His eternal glory through it.
But you know the culture around us is trying to conform us to something else. And I’d like to read to you a rewriting of the first several verses of Genesis which is what a lot of our culture is trying to push in on us. Okay? Because theistic evolution is an attempt to accommodate God’s word with man’s current ideas. The theistic evolutionist says that God’s method of creation is evolution. And that He didn’t create the world in six literal days, but He took millions or maybe billions of years to accomplish the fete.
Now listen. To suggest that God relied on chance, that God needed time to create the universe is not only an insult to His eternal power, but it’s also making Him a liar by contradicting His inspired written account of what happened at creation.
To satisfy the theistic evolutionists, the first few chapters, the first two in particular, would have to be rewritten, and a woman named Ruth Beechick suggests the ridiculous results. I’d like to read to you what she wrote. This is fascinating. She rewrote Genesis one and two to accommodate the current even Christian so-called culture. And this is what it says. And you can kind of track me. It kind of follows Genesis 1:1.
“In the beginning God created masses of interstellar gas and dust. And after billions of years, there were formed from these masses many solar systems and in one a planet earth.” Verse two. “Now this planet was without form and covered with waters. And God said, let the process of orogenesis work in the earth. And after sufficient time had elapsed and the waters were gathered together, dry land appeared and it was so. And so God called the dry land earth and the gathering together of the waters He called the seas. And God said that they were good. And so God said, let the elements in the waters come together in chance formations in a chance of highly improbable chances brought together a true protoplasm. And so God called the protoplasm life. And God said to the living protoplasm, keep making more protoplasm. Form yourself into cells of different kinds, and even better, and make more complex groupings so you can evolve into many kinds of water creatures. And let some of the fish bring forth wings. And after millions of years, God saw that it was good. And so God blessed them, saying, be fruitful, multiply. Fill the waters and the seas and let the foul multiply on the earth, and so God also said, let some of the fish begin to crawl upon the shores of the earth. And let every creature bring forth some other kind of creature: some cattle, some creeping things, and some of them beasts of the earth. Each after some other kind. And it was so. And when the living creatures could not evolve into all the kinds God wanted, then God made some more creatures from time-to-time. And these creatures also made other kinds of creatures upon the earth. And God saw that it was good. Now some ancient manuscripts leave that verse out. And God said to the primate kinds, stand upright and start using tools. This will develop your brain, and you can have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the foul of the air, and over the cattle, and over the earth, and over other creeping things that creep on the earth. And after many, countless generations, the upright primate could do all of the things God told him to do. And so God called him man. And man was made in the image of God.”
Now don’t laugh at that. Nav Press just published a book that says that. That that’s how it happened. This is not, we’re not talking about the liberals. We’re talking about us accommodating current, cultural unbelief.
“And God blessed man and said be fruitful and subdue the earth. I have given you everything in it. And God saw that everything He had made and behold it was good. And millions and billions of years had passed. Thus the heavens and the earth were finished and all the hosts of them. And after God ended His work which He had made, God rested on one day from all His works which He had made. And God blessed that one day, and He sanctified it because that in it He had rested from all His work which God had created and made. Therefore, remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. Many billions of years shalt thou labor and do all thy work, but on the seventh day, it’s the Sabbath of the Lord and thou shall not do any work. For in millions and billions of years, the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in it, He rested one day and therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.”
And I ask you, can we really take that liberty with the word of God? Can we really say that what God said needs to be updated, corrected, amended, accommodated? If we can change Genesis one and two, to take the scientific, moral, cultural drift away from God that is current in a godless society, then there’s no other book of the Bible that’s safe. Because the same people that have hacked Genesis one don’t like the rest of the Bible because they want to make room for homosexuality. They want to make room for liberated living. They want to make room for killing the old and the young, because if they let loose here at the mooring, then there’s nothing at the other end to hold them down.
In the book of Genesis we found last week that the foundation for all doctrines of our belief of God and our understanding and introduction to Him, the inspiration of the Bible, because the creator in Genesis wrote the scriptures, the deity of Christ, the creator in Genesis is the one who reveals God to us, the final judgment, the creator in Genesis is the one we will someday face to enter heaven or hell, salvation, the creator in Genesis is the only one who died in our place; the trustworthiness of Christ, the creator in Genesis is the one who was there. He was the creator. In fact, the whole message of the Bible comes back that the creator in Genesis is the only one that could send us a book like this. And He’s told us what He wants us to know. And all attempts to compromise the scripture should be resisted.
There are some popular views, even among Christians, and I say this, that there are godly Christians, I read their books this week. And I have no doubt about their godliness, I just have a doubt about whether they know what they’re doing. And they’re brilliant, far more knowledgeable than I will ever be, but yet they don’t have the simple faith to believe what God says. They’ve got to do something else because they’re not comfortable with people that have satellites and geologic tables rather than being comfortable with the one who said, I made everything from nothing to show my glory.
One view of course is just plain old evolution, the satanic religion of the fall. It’s the religion of Cain, it’s the religion of Babel, it’s the religion of idolatry, and paganism, and humanism. Even the Darwinism of evolution has been proven in a legal setting to be devoid of scientific support, if you’ve read the famous Berkeley Christian professor, Dr. Phillip Johnson. His book “Darwinism on Trial,” and I quote him, he says, “At every step,” by the way, he is an analyst of legal arguments, and he goes in and studies trials and shows where they made mistakes and faulty logic and poor use of legal methods. And this is what his conclusion was after he spent several years analyzing evolutionary Darwinism. He says, “At every step I found what was a failure in the evidence to be in accord with the theory.” The fossil record is something that Darwinists must explain away, because the earth and its’ fossil record shows a sudden appearance of organisms that exhibit no trace of step-by-step development from earlier forms. And once an organism exists on this planet, it remains fundamentally unchanged. That’s what the fossil record shows. Do you know that? Did you know that? Do you know what all the scientists say? They call it the Cambrian explosion. And what they say is, in the Cambrian age, billions of years ago, all the sudden it all showed up. We don’t know how, but we’re sure God didn’t do it. But it all showed up.
Well then, Christians liked the gap theory. You know, they put it between Genesis one, God created the heavens and the earth, and then verse two, it was void. And they put billions of years between there. Now God doesn’t put, but they put billions of years between there, and they destroy the concept in the Bible of Adam’s original sin. Romans 5:12 says, “Just as through one man sin entered into the world and death entered into the world through sin,” Romans 5:12. But the gap theory, which Custance, and Pember, and the Scofield Bible, and a lot of other people purport attacks other doctrines. Why? Because it puts Adam at the head of a creation that sits atop a multi-billion year old graveyard. When Adam, in verse two onward, comes on the scene, according to the gap theory, he was living on top of hundreds of feet of death and fossilized carnage. Adam would have been created by God on top of a monument already made of sin, and death, and destruction before he even showed up. And this would be incongruous to the scriptures which said that death and destruction didn’t start until Adam fell.
And then there is the aged day theory. That destroys the very reliability of the text. It’s repeatedly stated and believed by the scripture writers that the account of Genesis one is true. In fact, as a I told you, if you want to look at Exodus chapter 20 with me for just a second, this is the only time we know of that God actually wrote part of the Bible. Now, He inspired all of it, all that is the word of God, but God said, Moses, bring up some tablets of stone. I’m going to write on them. And I’m going to write down something, and God wrote onto stone and inscribed stone. I mean, if there’s any part of the word of God, I mean, the Jews worshipped those things. That’s why they had to get rid of them. But look at verse eight of Exodus 20. This was written by the very hand of God in Hebrew on stone. Amazing! Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six, that’s a number, an ordinal, okay? Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord. In it you should do no work, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor the stranger, which are in your gates, for in, and there’s a number again, six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested the seventh. There’s another number. Let me tell you something. The word day is used 2,291 times in the Old Testament. And every single time it has a number attached to it. It’s 24 hours long. Every single time. Two-thousand, two-hundred and ninety-one times. What does it say right here? What did God write in the language that people would understand? For as in six days…
What’s a day? Well, go back to Genesis one for just a second. I want to show you. Lest there be any doubt, less you, you know, wonder if, you know, if this is not such a big deal. Look at Genesis one and I want to show you what God repeats six times. Verse four of Genesis one, “And the evening and the morning.” I’m going to give you an astrophysical demonstration, okay? I’m the earth. It’s morning. It’s evening. It’s morning. What’d I just do? I revolved, okay? I just turned. I did a revolution. That’s a solar day, is when the planet turns around. The evening and the morning, verse four or verse five. Now, look at verse eight. “And God called the firmament heaven and the evening and the morning were the second day.” What do you think He meant? What do you think Moses thought? What do you think all the prophets thought? What do you think Jesus thought that meant? What do you think an evening and a morning means? I mean, you know. It’s amazing. Whenever the word day is in plural forms, 845 times, it always means a literal day. Whenever it’s modified by numbers, I’ve already said, it always means a literal day. When it’s modified by evening and morning, 38 times outside of Genesis one, it always means a literal day. The context of Genesis one is a tight chronology. God says, I’m ticking off what happened. (snap, snap, snap) And that’s what happened. So, proper interpretation of Genesis one, if you don’t have a bias called accommodation, because you’re ashamed that Christianity is unscientific, and we saw three weeks ago it’s more scientific than science, if you don’t come in with a bias, if you come in as a child, with childlike, simple faith, and you just read this book, the only thing you can take from Genesis 1:1 through Genesis two is that in six, solar revolution days, God made everything. And that’s what the Bible says.
And in Genesis two it says that God made man and woman from dust and He made them (snap) just like that. I mean, (snap) He didn’t make humanoids that were hacking each other with stone axes and were all over buried under the ground that we’re digging up. And those things didn’t have a soul until He made the first one with a soul, which is Hugh Ross’ deal that he just presented on “Focus on the Family” the other day. No, that isn’t what happened. God said the first humans were named Adam and from Adam God made Eve. And you know what? If you want to see when that happened, look at Mark chapter ten, because Jesus comments on that. You know He commented on the chronology of creation. I mean, Jesus, our savior, the creator himself says in Genesis chapter, I mean in Mark chapter ten, it says, but in the beginning, verse six, of creation, at the beginning, he said, I was there. I am the creator. I did it all. You want to know where man came from? Did he come around 100 million years or 200 or you know, 4.6 billion years later or 16 billion? When did he come about? Verse six of Mark, in the gospels, in the New Testament, with no figurative language and allegorical, mythological, you know, just what Jesus said. But from the beginning, the beginning. Right at the start. God made them, male and female.
Jesus affirmed Genesis one and two. The chronology, the timing, the duration, the order of events, and the exact reality that He made with His hands out of the dust, and formed a human, and He literally breathed in to him the breath of life. Jesus said, I did it. I made ‘em. They didn’t evolve, they didn’t come from primates, humanoids, or anybody else. He said, I made ‘em all.
Well, what’s the first thing we should do? Number one. And if you are a note-taker, on the back, and I forgot to tell you to take your notes, but 1) (if you’re taking notes), you should listen to your creator. Don’t listen to the world. Listen to your creator. Your creator and my creator says this, He says in six literal days, I made the heavens and the earth. In six days you should labor and rest the seventh, He said in Exodus 20. He says that I am the one that made man from nothing, and I made him at the beginning of creation, and He said, and you should listen to me because I was there. Now I want you to know that’s just the simple gospel truth that the Bible presents.
Does it mean that people that believe something else are damned and lost? No. But it sure means they’re sure missing part of their worship of God. You know, if I have to believe that God needed help saving me, then He didn’t really save me. If I think God needed help forgiving me and I have to have some priest or some liturgical system, then I don’t really trust His forgiveness. And if I think God needed help making the universe, I don’t trust His omnipotent power, and I can’t fully worship Him as the creator of the heavens, and the earth, and the seas, and the springs, and of us humans.
1)Listen to your creator. 2) Look at Hebrews chapter one in verse ten. The second thing we need to do this morning as we come to the Lord’s table is not just listen to our creator. And just listen to what He said., and just take Him for His word and take Him at His word. But Hebrews 1:10 says this, We should trust our creator. It says, “In you, Lord,” Hebrews 1:10, “in the beginning laid the foundations of the earth and the heavens, every bit of them, are the work of your hands.” And then Hebrews chapter 11 continues the thought in verse three. Hebrews 11 verse three. “By faith and only by faith we understand that the worlds (that’s all that’s out there beyond us) were framed, they were framed by the word of God so that the things which are seen,” Hebrews 11 says, “were not made of things which are visible,” they were not reformed from big bang remnants over billions of years. They were made from nothing. They were not made from things which were visible. God didn’t use existing matter to make the universe. He made it all from nothing. That’s what He says. He says, the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. Verse six of Hebrews 11, “but without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.”
Number one listen to our creator. Number two trust your creator. Trust Him. If He said, I made everything from nothing, if He says, I framed it all, if He said that I made man and woman at the beginning of creation , if He says, and wrote it down in stone, that in six literal 24 hour days, I made the heavens and the earth, just believe Him. I mean, just, you can walk out of here just kind of excited. I mean, you can just believe this book. You don’t have to go in and say, well, yeah, I know there’s… Well, okay, maybe you’re right and… What are they going to find tomorrow? You know? Are they going to find out that in the genetic map that there really are genes that make people alcoholics, and pornographers, and homosexuals? Are they going to find that? And then it’s not a sin? See, you see where this leads? As soon as you bow at the shrine of cultural science, you can’t trust and listen to God. You have to filter it. You have to put the Bible here and you’ve got to put the Scientific American and Science magazine and Discover and you know, Carl Sagan, and everybody else between you and God. And He says, no, just listen to me and trust me.
But here’s the last thing this morning. And I want you to follow along with me if you can keep up. I’m going to read 50 verses before we have
communion. This might be one of the best communion service we ever had. Note the references. I want you, 1) we should listen to our creator; 2) we should trust Him. But at this communion, we should marvel, marvel, we should be in wonder and awe at what He did. And I want to read to you what God did. I’m going to read 50 verses starting in Nehemiah nine in verse six that talk about our marvelous, wonderful, indescribable creator. And if you want to jot ‘em down, you can write ‘em down on the back of your notes. And I want to talk about who we’re worshipping at the Lord’s table.
Nehemiah 9:6, “You alone are the Lord. You made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their hosts, the earth and everything on it, the seas and everything that’s in them. And you preserved them and the hosts of heaven worship you.”
Job 12:7-9, “But now ask the beasts and they’ll teach you. Ask the birds of the earth, they’ll tell you. Speak to the earth, it will teach you. Talk to the fish of the sea, they’ll explain it. Who among these does not know that the hand of the Lord has made it all?”
Did you know there are no theistic evolutionary fish? There are no whales going around saying, I used to be, you know, something else, but I’m a whale today. They know their creator. There are no birds that think they were a fish at one time. They know. All of creation knows their creator except this king. We’re too smart.
Psalms 19:1, “The heavens are shouting the glory of God. The firmament is bubbling forth His handiwork.”
Psalms 90:1-2, “You have been our dwelling place before the mountains were brought forth or ever you formed the earth and the world from everlasting to everlasting. You are God.” God is eternal. Matter is not. God existed before any matter existed, and He did not use pre-existing matter, and He didn’t need any help.
Psalms 100:3, “Know that the Lord, He is God. It is He who has made us. We didn’t make ourselves. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture.”
Psalms 104, that is a psalm of creation. “Bless the Lord, oh my soul! Oh Lord my God, you are very great; You are clothed with honor and majesty. You cover yourself with light as with a garment.”
By the way, God made light before He made the sun. Do you know why it’s so important to not follow the aged-day theory? The aged-day theory puts sun first. And God said, I don’t want the sun first because throughout all human history, people have worshipped the sun as the life giver. He said, did you know I made life before there was a sun because I am the light? And God created light and He put light on this planet. And you know there’s a day coming when there will be no sun, or stars, or moon. Because God will be the light. The order of creation does matter to God.
And he said, “You have clothed yourself with light.” But listen, “You have stretched out the heavens like a curtain.”
In 1929, Edwin Hubble discovered that. Isn’t that amazing? It’s one of the most astounding discoveries in scientific history. It’s called the Hubble factor. The Hubble constant. And he found out when he looked with his big Hubble telescope out there, he saw… and he looked closer and he said, they’re moving away faster than, they’re moving away from us faster than they could comprehend. He said, the universe is just going away from us.
Do you know what God said in Psalms 104? He said, I stretched out the heavens like a curtain. He said, I just rolled (END OF SIDE ONE)… He said, I spread it out. It’s the word for unrolling. When someone does their tent, they take it and they go, whup, like that, like that. Roll it out. And He says, I rolled out the universe so that when God created on day four the sun, and the moon, and stars, and when Adam, on day six, looked up in the sky for the first time, and he looked out there in those stars, one of them he saw was called the Andromeda galaxy. It’s the only galaxy visible with the human, unaided eye, and that galaxy is two million light years away. That’s ten octillion miles. And he saw it the first day that he had eyes. What does that mean? It means that when God spun it off into space, its light trailed back the whole way until wherever he threw it to, two million light years away. And so that at that instant, all the light of all the stars that was possible to be seen from the earth, could be seen, because God says, in Psalms 104, I stretched out the heavens like a curtain. I laid the beams of the upper chamber, and I made my angels spirits and ministers of flame. I laid the foundations of the earth so it would not be moved forever. Verse 24, “Oh Lord, how manifold are your works. In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your possession.” Verse 31, “May the glory of the Lord endure forever. May the Lord rejoice in His works. He looks on the earth, it trembles. He touches the hills, they smoke. I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation may be sweet to Him. I will be glad in the Lord.”
Psalms 121:2, “My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”
Psalms 124:8, “Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”
Psalms 134:3, “The Lord made heaven and earth. Bless you from Zion.”
Psalms 135:5-7, “For I know the Lord is great. Our Lord is above all gods. Whatever the Lord pleases, He does. In heaven and in earth, the seas and the deep places, He caused vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain. He brings the wind out of His treasuries.” He’s in charge. He made this place.
Psalms 136:3-9, “Oh give thanks to the Lord of Lords. His mercy endures forever. To Him alone who does great wonders, for His mercy endures forever; To Him by wisdom made the heavens, for His mercy endures forever; To Him who laid out the earth above the waters, for His mercy endures forever; To Him who made great lights, for His mercy endures forever: The sun to rule by day, His mercy endures forever; the moon and stars to rule by night, His mercy endures forever.” You notice that the Psalmist believed the literal words of Genesis one?
Psalms 147:4, “He counts the number of the stars; He calls them each by name. Great is our Lord, mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.” There are a trillion, a trillion galaxies with 100 billion stars in each one, and He knows every one of them individually by name. That’s why we should marvel at Him. “He covers the heavens with clouds, He prepares rain for the earth, He makes the grass to grow on the mountains. He gives snow like wool; He scatters frost like ashes. He casts out hail like morsels; Who can stand before His cold? He sends out His word and melts them; He causes the wind to blow and the waters to flow.
Psalms 148:1-6, “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens; Praise Him in the heights! Praise Him, His angels; Praise Him, hosts! Praise Him, sun, moon; Praise Him, all you stars of light! Praise Him, you heaven of heavens, you waters above the heavens! Let them praise the name of the lord, for He commanded and they were created.” All of them. They didn’t grow in gas clouds. “He established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away.”
Isaiah 44:24, “Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb, I am the Lord. I made all things. I rolled out the heavens alone. I spread abroad the earth by myself.”
Jeremiah 32:17, “Ah, Lord God, behold you have made the heavens and the earth. By your great power, by your outstretched arm, and there is nothing too hard for you.” If God couldn’t make it all by himself, without any aids of orogenesis or interstellar gobbledy-gook, then He does not have the outstretched arms that nothing is too hard for him. That’s why the heavens are declaring His power. They have to show omnipotence and sovereignty.
Acts 14:15, The apostles were preaching and said, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you and preached to you that you should turn from useless things to the living God.” And this is how the apostles evangelized. “…turn to the one who made heaven, the earth, the sea and everything in them.” A creator created. Complexity means that there is a creator, and He said He created it.
Job 9:8, “He alone spread out the heavens.”
Job 26:7, “He hangs the earth on nothing.”
Psalms, and I could go on and on, but those were my 50.
This morning at the Lord’s table, listen to your creator. I want to listen to mine. Trust your creator. I want to trust mine. Worship and marvel at your creator. Ascribe to Him the glory that’s due His name. Don’t give it to anyone else, as we come before Him.
Let’s bow in prayer. Oh, Lord, God! Thou hast made the heavens and the earth by thine outstretched arm and nothing is too difficult for you. We worship you in the name of the one who has revealed your very image to us, the exact representation of all that you are – Jesus Christ, in whose name we approach you now. Amen.
 Faith for the Family, 11/77, p.29.
 Focus on Family Citizen, 1/20/92, pp. 13-15.
 How old is the Universe, USN&WR, 5/20/96, pp.60-61.
 11/21/80, pp883-87.
 2/78, pp. 19-30.