The chief way that God has revealed Himself is through His Word.
God Has Shared His Plan
The Bible you hold in your hands and have backed up in the memory/storage spaces of your mind is the Plan of God for your life; God’s Word is the single most valuable commodity that you can hold.
This Book holds the only key, to making the right decisions about:
• How to know God’s choice for a mate, and for your career;
• How to care for an aging parent;
• How to respond to a rebelling child;
• How to rebuild a strained or broken marriage;
• How to proceed when in a dead-end job;
• How to recover when in a hopeless financial mess;
• How to react to a bad medical diagnosis; and
• How to survive, and go on, through aching loneliness.
Those are just the start, to the endless supply of perfect answers and directions that God’s Word holds for each of us who will seek Him and find His directions for our lives.
So that leads me to this declaration:
All that I know, believe, and confidently hold to about God and His Plan for my life, my world, my marriage, my family, and my future–is in this absolutely trustworthy Bible. I believe God’s Word, I study God’s Word, and I declare God’s Word through preaching and teaching.
And so, my goal for each of you is that in the days ahead you will believe God’s Word so completely, that it will become part of those strongest habits of your life.
My constant prayer is that each of us wakes to think the Word, and when we get a quiet moment in a hectic day that our thoughts drift to God’s Word, and when we finally get to unwind and relax, that restful time would also involve a renewing dip into the life-giving waters of God’s Word.
And finally, I long that all of this develops a default setting in our lives, that is keyed to the Word; and that each of us will learn the spiritual discipline:
• of going to the Word to start the day,
• of turning to the Word to relax our mind when stressed,
• of trusting the Word to encourage our heart when troubled,
• of inviting the Word to guide our life when confused, and
• of allowing the Word to assure our souls when in doubt.
One of the many places where God invites us to this lifestyle of Word-Filled Living is in Joshua 1:8-9.
Join the LAND OF THE BOOK channel to get access to weekly video releases over the next year totaling 50+ EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS that feature weekly in-depth Bible Study lessons with John & Bonnie. Plus all the assigned HOLY LAND STUDY RESOURCES, and John’s two most loved books–David’s Spiritual Secret & Living Hope for the End of Days at:
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
For more of Dr. John Barnett’s Bible teaching messages go to: https://discoverthebook.org/