The greatest crime the world has ever witnessed took place on a cross of wood and with carpenter’s tools. It was in the words of John Phillips “on a skull-shaped hill, on a sunny day outside of Jerusalem nearly 2,000 years ago. – MANKIND MURDERED THEIR MAKER”. There on a hill called Calvary in full view of thousands of witnesses, the day the Creator was crucified.
• His name was Jesus.
• He was a peasant carpenter.
• He had carried on an itinerant relief work across all of Israel.
• Thousands, tens of thousands followed, heard and witnessed the mightiest acts ever seen on the planet in history.
• They were fed.
• They were healed.
• Dead were raised.
• Deaf were made to hear and blind to see.
• Lepers were made new and demonized were delivered.
Now He hangs there seemingly helpless. Shouldn’t Christ have done something on the cross if He were really God the Son? Yes, and He did. From the cross of wood where He was crucified with carpenter’s tools, the Maker of Mankind performed some mighty miracles.
• Caught in prayer the evening before, He was arrested.
• Betrayed by a trusted friend with a kiss He was bound and dragged off to a mock trial with phony witnesses.
• Beaten and mocked, spat upon and reviled He is rejected by His own and sent off to be crucified.
When Christ hung on that cross of wood for you and for me He performed Five mighty miracles from Calvary the day Mankind murdered their Maker:
• He REACHED UP and touched the Sun
• He REACHED OVER and touched the Temple
• He REACHED DOWN and touched the Rocks
• He REACHED UNDER and touched the Graves
• He REACHED IN and touched the Centurions’ heart!
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
For more of Dr. John Barnett’s Bible teaching messages go to: https://discoverthebook.org/